NASCAR 2013 season

I thought Gordon was also in, based on where they were running prior to the Bowyer spin? Looks like MWR antics may have cost Gordon a spot in the chase. They should have docked each MWR driver enough points so Bowyer is out. 100 points would do it. That would take Bowyer out and Gordon in. Maybe then teams will think twice about pulling this crap. But as someone stated, that may not be fair, since Gordon ran like sh*t all year long and Bowyer was fairly consistent.

Your right, Gordon WAS in at the time of the caution.

However, your other idea, I don't care for.

If Gordon runs like crap most of the year, but is still good enough to get in ... whats that say about those others, they just weren't good enough, if they ran consistanly in 13 and down, thats not good enough.

Your right, Gordon WAS in at the time of the caution.

However, your other idea, I don't care for.

If Gordon runs like crap most of the year, but is still good enough to get in ... whats that say about those others, they just weren't good enough, if they ran consistanly in 13 and down, thats not good enough.

It's a tough call no matter what they do. Gordon and Newman were both in at the time of the last caution and would have most likely been in at the end. I think the MWR penalties should have been tougher. Get Bowyer out of the chase and Gordon in. I don't watch or attend races like I used to.

I hate the Chase, and the same (but different titled) in the NHRA ...

Me too. They let too many in it anyway. 5 tops if they feel they have to do it. Nobody from 8th or back has ever come from that far behind with only 10 races left.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

I hate the Chase, and the same (but different titled) in the NHRA ...

Me too. They let too many in it anyway. 5 tops if they feel they have to do it. Nobody from 8th or back has ever come from that far behind with only 10 races left.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

My opinion about the Chase ...

I like it, somewhat ... however, I think if they want to make it a true Chase, top 10 or 12, ok, thats fine, but ..... lets make it so ONLY those 10-12 drivers teams get in, everyone else is done for the year.

I know this wouldn't go over well, mainly because of the Sponsors that would be left out.
Can you imagine how much fun it would be to pare the field down with 10 races to go to only those in the chase.

Then, you would see all out racing to get in to the chase more than you do now.

My opinion about the Chase ...

I like it, somewhat ... however, I think if they want to make it a true Chase, top 10 or 12, ok, thats fine, but ..... lets make it so ONLY those 10-12 drivers teams get in, everyone else is done for the year.

I know this wouldn't go over well, mainly because of the Sponsors that would be left out.
Can you imagine how much fun it would be to pare the field down with 10 races to go to only those in the chase.

Then, you would see all out racing to get in to the chase more than you do now.
Only way I would go with that is if the Chase was the last race, top drivers only in do or die like the final heat in dirt track...

Sponsors? They are dropping like flies.
So...Here is my proposal...
First...End the season Labor Day weekend. More on that in a moment.
The NASCAR playoffs will consist of 4 races on 4 different types of tracks. One plate track, one short track. One 1.5 mile track and one road course.
Plate track playoff races will be 250 miles with two mandatory cautions during which all cars MUST pit, take on full fuel loads and 4 tires.
1.5 mile track races will be 200 miles. Same number of mandatory cautions.
Short track races will be 200 laps.
Road course races will be 50 laps.
In the last 10% of all playoff races, caution laps will not count.
Lucky dog rule remains in force.
Double file restarts.
Cars will not lose a lap if in the pits or on pit road between the commit cone and the pit out line at the time the yellow flag is first displayed.
Placing will be determined by scoring loop and transponder data
The playoffs will begin with the top 24 cars in owner points.
After the first playoff event, the 3 lowest placing cars will be eliminated.
After the next event 3 more cars will be eliminated and after the 3rd three more.
In the final event, The race will be split into two halves. Teams may work on their cars for a total of 10 minutes.
Caution laps in the second half will not count.
There will be no lucky dog.
NASCAR has to show some 'stones" and come up with an idea that will keep people watching..
Now, why end the season Labor Day weekend? Simple. NCAA and NFL Football. NASCAR's tv ratings take a tumble at the onset of football season.
Quite frankly NASCAR's season is just too damned long. Including Daytona Speedweeks and the May stops in Charlotte, the season is some 45 weeks.
As few as 20 years ago there were less than 30 ( 29 in 1991) races on the NASCAR calendar.
Flame away.

Ok, I can be talked into that ...

What is the most you can get for winning a race in the chase point wise ?

Same as non chase races. 43 to win. Three bonus for winning, one bonus point for leading a lap and if applicable, one bonus point for leading the most laps.

The one aspect that NASCAR had over other series was the absence of "team orders"..It's been done in Indy Car and F1 for ages.
Now that evil crap has filtered into NASCAR..It's crap.
And now we have this garbage.
NASCAR management's handling of this has left the sport with little credibility.
It's bad enough that tracks are permanently closing areas of grandstands to decrease seating capacity. It's bad enough that event though there are many more hours of TV coverage, ratings continue to fall. Now this.
I deem this incident "Chasegate"....
This nonsense is going to chase(gate) even more people from the stands. Not good...
I used to go to several races each year. I am down to 2. Coke 600 and the Martinsville spring race.

What's wrong with NASCAR is there is no way to legally wager on races outside the state of Nevada.
Now, imagine the interest if legal bets could be made on Cup races..
I bet on races through an offshore sports book. I do fairly well. Small bets. But for my wagers, I have a casual interest in that week's race.
People ask me who my favorite driver is...My response. "the one on which I have money."

by the way watching the Nebraska/UCLA game the announcers took a jab at NASCAR when they were promoting tomorrows race
the color commentator (forget who it was) after the pxp guy did the promo said "I see they are making up rules as they go now"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)