NASCAR 2016 season

Looking forward to seeing Jeff Gordon in the 88 this weekend I gotta admit...

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: Jimbo
Now, does Jr get the poiints that the kid got from last weekend and what Gordon accumulates or not ?

Had the kid Won the race that wouldn't have put Jr. in the Chase would it ?
Gordon winning a race won't then either.

Now, does Jr get the poiints that the kid got from last weekend and what Gordon accumulates or not ?

Had the kid Won the race that wouldn't have put Jr. in the Chase would it ?
Gordon winning a race won't then either.

IFAIK:
If a driver starts a race, then gets out of the car, he gets the driver points.
If the driver does not start a race, no driver points. The team will accumulate owner points.

Reactions: DWS44
It's already been mentioned on tv, Jr pretty much will have to win a race, once he returns, to get in.
I would prefer him to win one .... that eliminates anyone thinking he's being given any advantages other didn't get.
Then again, NASCAR went out of it's way to make sure Kyle would be able to get into the Chase.

I did watch the only truck race worth watching tonight.
As far as Cup goes,when I turned it on last week Fkb was stinking up the show,tolerated it for about 5 minutes then found something else to watch and never went back,or cared.

I believe the chase is based on owner points so if the 88 wins then Jr could make the Chase. I think this was how it was explained when tony was out...

In order to get into the chase you have to win 1 race and be in the top 30 in points or be in the top 16 in points but then you have to take into account the automatic drivers with wins that might bump you out of the top 16 overall.

I believe the chase is based on owner points so if the 88 wins then Jr could make the Chase. I think this was how it was explained when tony was out...

No, it's based on the driver's points; hence all the talk about Tony needing to be in the Top 30 himself. (He's made it up to 28th now) The #14 team that has run the whole season, counting the multiple drivers, is actually 18th in owners points. Dale Jr. will be in the same boat, though if he only misses 3-4 more races, he'll comfortably stay above 30th. He'll just have to win a race to get into the Chase along with staying in the top 30.

Basically, The Chase is everyone who has won at least one race this season, then if there hasn't been 16 drivers who have a win, they fill the rest of the 16 driver Chase grid with those highest in driver points that have not scored a win.

Reactions: Jimbo
I knew the driver has to be top 30 in drivers points, just not sure if the win had to be the driver or could be from owners points. I thought I heard when Tony was out that was possible but I admit I dont follow the specifics of the chase a whole lot.

In order to get into the chase you have to win 1 race and be in the top 30 in points or be in the top 16 in points but then you have to take into account the automatic drivers with wins that might bump you out of the top 16 overall.
At least that was the rules Last year for was it Kyle.
Nascar changes rules as they go, so who knows what's gonna happen.

I knew the driver has to be top 30 in drivers points, just not sure if the win had to be the driver or could be from owners points. I thought I heard when Tony was out that was possible but I admit I dont follow the specifics of the chase a whole lot.
You May have heard them say Tony was out .... it's possibly he may have slipped out of the top 30 at one point and raced back in now.

Nah it was when Austin Dillion was driving for him. They clarified several times today Jr will need to win a race when he comes back as he will slip from the chase points due to being out races.

Nah it was when Austin Dillion was driving for him. They clarified several times today Jr will need to win a race when he comes back as he will slip from the chase points due to being out races.
That all depends on alot of things ....
I don't think he's ever gotten In the Chase without winning a race so that's nothing new.
So, go out and win a race and he's in.

Wow nascar is a lot worse off then I thought. Just started to watch the Indy xfinity race and the stands are damn near empty. I know a xfinity race is not going to be that packed but this is a near ghost town. My local track packs em in much better than this. Pretty shocking for Indy ....

Wow nascar is a lot worse off then I thought. Just started to watch the Indy xfinity race and the stands are damn near empty. I know a xfinity race is not going to be that packed but this is a near ghost town. My local track packs em in much better than this. Pretty shocking for Indy ....

Attendance has been down for many years from the booming years.
You have a NASCAR track in your area ?

Very glad to see locals packing the place.

I should go out and support the local track here, but I have not in many years.
With MIS about an hour away, much better up there.