Nascar 2022

New rule. When under 10 laps to go and there is a caution. The counter stops and you restart at the paused lap.
No, if there is a caution the laps count, and maybe they stop pretending they are racing in a vacuum at the end of the race.

They finished that?! Must have been late. I saw the red with less than half the race completed and a drenched track.

Is Nascar still in business? Huh, I threw in the towel when they went to "staged" racing. It's either "A" race or it isn't really racing at all, it's a manipulated bumper car exhibition.

Reactions: Jimbo
Fox said their ratings were up for their session. I think attendance is also better than last year. I was in Richmond for the April race and there seemed to be more people there. The race was boring for the first 300 laps. I'm not looking forward to the August race. 3 pm start in mid August in Richmond? What were they thinking?

They finished that?! Must have been late. I saw the red with less than half the race completed and a drenched track.
They resumed at 10:05 Eastern and was finished in 2 hours
What pissed alot of people off is they left NBC at 9 (when it was suppose to end) and went to USA. At least streaming servcies carry USA unlike NBCSN when it was around ;)

Reactions: Yespage
Can't do that, Races would NEVER end.
Whats the difference between counting last 10 as green flag only and the unlimited overtime restarts (2 lap shootouts where unless the leader takes the white flag they "rerack them and do it again")?

This years Coke 600 went 619.5 miles (13 laps over)

Whats the difference between counting last 10 as green flag only and the unlimited overtime restarts (2 lap shootouts where unless the leader takes the white flag they "rerack them and do it again")?

This years Coke 600 went 619.5 miles (13 laps over)
Thats past ridiculous .... another reason people quit watching ..... endless OT's, they seemed to not have that issue 30 years ago.

Actually thinking about it, there is a way that could make the last ten (maybe make it five) laps green be viable... track position remains the same, single file. No regrouping. If you avoid regrouping and packing the cars up together five wide like they are racing at Burke Lakefront, it could be feasible. It wouldn't be as exciting, but "exciting" is what is causing these monstrosity endings.

As for the Yellow/White/Checker, goodness it is awful:
1) it takes too long to get to speed
2) in the process of getting up to speed, the drivers are too close... too many wide
3) Being in the right line could end up meaning 10 or 15 positions, so cars are sticking their noses in places they shouldn't be

Hence, another accident. The end of NASCAR events can be quite depressing, as the yellow comes out again. The yellow/white/checker was supposed to keep things interesting as watching a finish under yellow isn't fun. But the yellow/white/checker made things worse, competition wise, some people like crashes I suppose.