Nascar California

briandishguy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Scottsville, KY
Boy did I hate to see Matt win the race. I rather seen Greg win. I don't know what it is but I don't like Matt for some reason. I rather seen Brian Vickers win his first Nextel win. But I believe it won't be long from now. What do you guys think about Tony starting the season as a cry baby? I have noticed that if he isn't in the lead, he has some one else to blaim besides himself.

Tony will be there in the end ...
He had trouble today, but he'll be fine.

I don't find him crying, if your talking about before Daytona, it's the truth, there will continue to be unnessasary accidents if you bump draft into corners, the young no it alls need to learn this quickly.

After Daytona, when Tony and Kurt played tag, I didn't hear Tony blaming anyone else, I listened to all of his interviews.

Jimbo

Not Kurt, I didn't see that tag. I am talking about Matt Kenseth tag. Don't tell me you think he is going to win back to back championship's like Jr. did do you? Don't get me wrong I have nothing against Tony but I think he let last year go to his head. Its a new year!!

I miss typed,

Yes I meant to say Matt.
As for Tony winning back to back, who knows, it's way to early to go out on that limb
I just know from watching Tony since he came to Nascar, he has been a very good driver, out of control in his early years, I think he is maturing into a very good driver as we watch. I don't hold Daytona against him, it was stupid what both Tony and Matt did.

I don't think you will see too much of that kind of agression from him in future races.
He knows if he does , he will ruin his chances of Back to Back ....

He's driving very consistant, kinda like Jeff Gordon did for several years in a row.
Of course it's still early.

btw, Go Little E !!!

Who are you refering to winning back to back championships.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Yea...it is kinda funny how Tony finished last and Matt finished 1st after what happened between them in Daytona. That saying "What comes around goes around" is very true.

I like Tony, but I do not like they way he has started out this year.

jlhugh said:
Yea...it is kinda funny how Tony finished last and Matt finished 1st after what happened between them in Daytona. That saying "What comes around goes around" is very true.

I like Tony, but I do not like they way he has started out this year.

He'll come around.

Jimbo

:sleeo What did ya'll really think of the snoozefest, uh... I mean race, on Sunday? I heard there were 20,000+ empty seats at Fontana. There are rumors that progressive banking is in the works for the track, like the Homestead redesign. Heck, bank it at 30 degrees and slap restrictor plates on 'em. Anything would be better than what I tried to stay awake for. Restarts and the following 3-5 laps were about the only thing interesting all day. I wonder if NASCAR "planted" a couple of those debris cautions in there?

ncsu99 said:
:sleeo What did ya'll really think of the snoozefest, uh... I mean race, on Sunday? I heard there were 20,000+ empty seats at Fontana. There are rumors that progressive banking is in the works for the track, like the Homestead redesign. Heck, bank it at 30 degrees and slap restrictor plates on 'em. Anything would be better than what I tried to stay awake for. Restarts and the following 3-5 laps were about the only thing interesting all day. I wonder if NASCAR "planted" a couple of those debris cautions in there?

I actually did sleep thru an hour and a half of it (getting over the flu):eek: . I understand NASCAR wanting to have another West coast event, but Darlington or Rockingham provided a lot better races. Nascar needs to add another short track or road course (Personally, I would love to see a dirt track race added :devil: ). California, Michigan and Pocono are always "snoozfests", unless you count last years tire related destruction as exciting.

NightRyder

I've mentioned this a few times....Hey NASCAR

WE WANT SHORT TRACKS!!!

These mile and 1/2 tracks are all cookie cutter and boring!
Road races suck!

We need more tracks like Bristol, Martinsville & Richmond :)

Iceberg said:
I've mentioned this a few times....Hey NASCAR

WE WANT SHORT TRACKS!!!

These mile and 1/2 tracks are all cookie cutter and boring!
Road races suck!

We need more tracks like Bristol, Martinsville & Richmond :)
I enjoyed watching races at the Rock. Too bad they got rid of both races there.
I can't stand Tony!!

Yeah, I live about 2 hours from Rockingham and North Wilkesboro which are now both NASCAR graveyards that look totally abandoned. I mean why give Fontana 2 races when there are already 2 races at (not quite as boring) Michigan. These tracks are nearly identical, and on top of that they make both Fontana races 500 miles! Even at Michigan they are only 400! I hate to say it, but Darlington's days are numbered too. There's another 1.5-2 mile track being planned somewhere out there.

ncsu99 said:
Yeah, I live about 2 hours from Rockingham and North Wilkesboro which are now both NASCAR graveyards that look totally abandoned. I mean why give Fontana 2 races when there are already 2 races at (not quite as boring) Michigan. These tracks are nearly identical, and on top of that they make both Fontana races 500 miles! Even at Michigan they are only 400! I hate to say it, but Darlington's days are numbered too. There's another 1.5-2 mile track being planned somewhere out there.

Yes I would imagine Fontana is owned by the same people that are starting to own MOST tracks... International Speedway ( I can't remember for sure) C, maybe, seems they are all related to one another, so the money goes to the France's and co....
If you look at teh tracks that are owned by them you can be assured that they will get the best dates and most races possible.

Dirt Track Racing!!!!

Yea nightrider, I am with you. I would love to see them on dirt tracks. Thats what we here in Kentucky call RACING. www.battleofthebluegrass.com check out that site. Here in the bluegrass, dirt tracks are a big thing. But that takes you back to Tony, he said if Dirt Track Racing paid as much as nascar he would have stayed on the dirt tracks.

www.battleofthebluegrass.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)