NASCAR Datona 500 EPG?

hudgreen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
I installed a 211 today (which would download a fresh EPG) it showed the Datona 500 (which was rain delayed on sunday).
I was surprised to see it in there, but the funny thing is that its all "chopped" up on the guide.
There was like 4 or 5 1/2 hr segments and one 1hr segments.
Bummer if you are going to DVR it
My dvr at home didn't even show the updated race time until I ran a check switch (forces a new EPG download)

Its no big deal to me ,I just thought it was interesting and was curious as to why it displayed that way.

Edit: thats two 1/2 hr then three 1hr and then three 1/2 hrs segments

Last edited:
I would just create a manual timer for it

Yea, that's what I am going to do
I plan on watching it live anyway
Now I just have to remember to hit stop

BTW you would hit record-0ptions-stop recording manually-ok

Last edited:
Actually that it is even there is somewhat surprising. House was in the guide until late this afternoon. While I have seen the EPG get updated the same day, it's not all that often. There is no way you could have had it set to record prior unless you used a manual timer, so anyone recording it now just has to make a few separate timers.....or a manual one.

There is no way you could have had it set to record prior unless you used a manual timer, so anyone recording it now just has to make a few separate timers.....or a manual one.

It should record them if you had a timer set for all or new "NASCAR" (whatever the name) but is it going to cut the race up into separate chunks?

I just hit rec so I wont find out

I was surprised to see it in there, but the funny thing is that its all "chopped" up on the guide.
There was like 4 or 5 1/2 hr segments and one 1hr segments.
Bummer if you are going to DVR it
My dvr at home didn't even show the updated race time until I ran a check switch (forces a new EPG download)
None of this is Dishes doing. Your local Fox station had to send in revised listing info after yesterdays postponement and some bright guy at the network thought the multiple 30 min segments was a good idea so that's what you got.

Dish doesn't have operatives stationed all over the country continuously snooping around TV stations.

In fact the guide info is assembled by an outside company and I understand there are only two of those companies who do nationwide listings like Dish needs.

On my DIRECTV HR24 it never had NASCAR listed for the night, just the regular FOX programming.

DISH has the info but it was broken down into little chunks making it impossible to record the entire thing unless you setup a manual timer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)