Nascar Hotpass drivers announced for Daytona 500

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The took Waltrip because this is his first year as an owner AND this is Toyota's first race ... would be my guess.
Outside of those things, I doubt that he would have been in there on the first race, I hope.

Actuallty IF they want to do this right, you at home should be able to move to ANY driver ..... Thats not the way it is currently, but it should be.

If one guy drops out, thay say they will move to another driver, then that means they have the set up in more than 5 cars, why not offer all of the drivers available ?

ALL the drivers should be available if they want to do it right.

Imagine paying the cost of this and find out YOUR driver is not in but a few, how would that make you feel ?
Did they tell you what drivers would be in it before you bought it ?

Jimbo

No they didn't tell me but I did see on this forum that there would be 5 cars selected by D* and NASCAR each race. I wonder who is the backup for the 500? Waltrip probably won't even qualify the way he's running!

unless it's a coincidence,.. You might not see 2 cars from the same team on a given week.

at the moment, on rthe DirecTV site, where you change your programming and such, it says "NASCAR HotPass 2007 - $49.50/Full Season" (not half season, or two payments ).. I took them up on that offer.

I just ordered the hot pass online for "NASCAR HotPass 2007 - $49.50/Full Season" also. I will give it a shot for fifty bucks.

Nascar Hotpass Preview

Anyone know if we'll get a free preview for the "500"?

Yes, at least for Commercial customers we have been told the free preview will be: February 18, 2007 (Daytona 500/Daytona International Speedway), Channels 794 – 799.
:eureka

for anyone who does snatch up this 49.50 season deal.. make sure to print out the statement for if you are questioned!

No they didn't tell me but I did see on this forum that there would be 5 cars selected by D* and NASCAR each race. I wonder who is the backup for the 500? Waltrip probably won't even qualify the way he's running!

Let's be honest, Waltrip did not give it 100% last year. This year has a few more incentives to really give it is all. This time it is his own money on the line and not someone like Bill Davis.

for anyone who does snatch up this 49.50 season deal.. make sure to print out the statement for if you are questioned!

It does say that right now....I guess I'm going to have to give them a call since I signed up already....

HotPass.jpeg

i thought i read it was 49.50 in 2 payments or 99 dollars up front. unless d* can do a better job than in demand did, it isn't worth the money.

although, i admit i kinda enjoyed riding with junior the year he won the 500. it was a free preview!

Yep, Just was online and it does say $49.50/Full Season.

I'm on the phone with a very nice CSR who just informed me that she can not log in to DirecTV account summary as she personally does not have DirecTV service!!

Even after having a supervisor (who is a D* customer) confirm this, they refuse to budge claiming it was an honest mistake and that everywhere else on the site is states it is 2 payments of $49.50

Think I might just send in an e-mail

Yep, Just was online and it does say $49.50/Full Season.

I'm on the phone with a very nice CSR who just informed me that she can not log in to DirecTV account summary as she personally does not have DirecTV service!!

Even after having a supervisor (who is a D* customer) confirm this, they refuse to budge claiming it was an honest mistake and that everywhere else on the site is states it is 2 payments of $49.50

Think I might just send in an e-mail

I sent an email and it didn't help. I might invest in a 39 cent stamp and mail the printouts of the web pages to them. I doubt that it will help either.

Do this at your own risk, but.. if you have a subscription that says you are to pay more than the 49.50.. is it as simple as canceling then re-subscribing online for the $49.50?

(I do feel bad for anyone who is going to end up paying more than the 49.50, and hope you can get it all resolved.

at 1st I thought I was just simply taking advantage of a mistake.. but I wonder if its even a mistake now. as it still says "Full Season/$49.50"! (Not that I am complaining or anything :) )

Last edited:
i checked again this morning and it clearly said 2 payments of $49.50. i agree they have probably created a nightmare.

ahhh ok.. it still says 49.50 full season on mine.. but that must be just because I got in on while that deal existed .

Last edited:
could very well be, if you are looking while checked in to your account.

i'll check the free preview. but unless its much better than cable's version was, it isn't worth the bucks (in my opinion anyway).

Had this service with my cable company a couple of years ago and it was $89 for the early bird special and then went to $99 after that! They had 7 drivers instead of 5. Pretty cool stuff, thats about the only thing I mess about cable and now they don't have it anymore! This was for the whole year!

Do this at your own risk, but.. if you have a subscription that says you are to pay more than the 49.50.. is it as simple as canceling then re-subscribing online for the $49.50?

(I do feel bad for anyone who is going to end up paying more than the 49.50, and hope you can get it all resolved.

at 1st I thought I was just simply taking advantage of a mistake.. but I wonder if its even a mistake now. as it still says "Full Season/$49.50"! (Not that I am complaining or anything :) )

According to D*, It was just a web-design mistake and it is really 2 payments of $49.50 and that is what those who signed up after the early bird special will be charged.
I was surprised as well they did not fix it quickly but according to the supervisor I spoke with, this will be corrected on Monday since this was only brought to their attention after normal business hours.

ahhh ok.. it still says 49.50 full season on mine.. but that must be just because I got in on while that deal existed .

Interesting thought here. The web designers did not create a way to identify those who took up the early bird special and as such only those on the early bird special are coming up at $49.50 for a full season.

Interesting thought here. The web designers did not create a way to identify those who took up the early bird special and as such only those on the early bird special are coming up at $49.50 for a full season.

hmm.. weird... I guess I will know if I will have to cancel it or not come monday.. (you want my 50 bucks or not D*? Take it or Leave it!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)