What is D* policy on returning recievers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nosok12

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
I have a installation on Saturday and I'm scheduled to have a hr20, 2 h20's, & 1 standard installed. I got to thinking and I really only want the 3 hd recievers. I would like the 4th room installed with a standard and rg6 cable just for future use. Can I cancel and return the standard and not get charged after the install? Would I be better off just canceling the standard before they come out?

Thanks

Call and see if they will modify the order. You might have to cancel it and do another one. The unfortunate thing with that, you may need to get a different install date.

If you don't have the standard receiver on the work order, be prepared to pay custom labor to have the installer connect the 4th room without a receiver. In addition, removing the 4th room will cause the 6x8 multiswitch to be removed from the work order.

My recommendation would be to leave the install as is, and call D* in a week or so and have them deactivate the 4th receiver. At most, they'll charge you the $5 lease fee for the first month.

Status
Please reply by conversation.