Status
Please reply by conversation.

Darrell S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Parts Unknown
I was one of the three people who ordered this package at the early bird rate of $79.00. After researching more, I decided this wasn't worth it. I called to cancel this morning and was told I could get a refund, since I called before the start of the season.
It no longer shows up on my online account or the onscreen ordering channel. This tells me they actually turned it off.
My problem is when I check the recent activity button, no credit shows up. The only activity that shows up dated today is where they cancelled and re-added my DVR service for some unknown reason. How many days should I wait before I take it up with their billing dept. ?

I also cancelled the $79.00 pkg after deciding my existing equipment could not take full advantage of all the features.I then reinstated my subscription after learning of the $49.00 offer, thinking what the heck,for $49.00 I can't go wrong?I am also waiting too see the $79.00 credit appear on my invoice.If the credit does not show up on my February invoice Iwill then contact the billing dept. I suugest you wait and review your next invoice?.

Yeah, no credit shows up here either.. I am just going to assume that the bill is "unofficial" and pay them the bill minus $49.50.

I also cancelled the $79.00 pkg after deciding my existing equipment could not take full advantage of all the features.I then reinstated my subscription after learning of the $49.00 offer, thinking what the heck,for $49.00 I can't go wrong?I am also waiting too see the $79.00 credit appear on my invoice.If the credit does not show up on my February invoice Iwill then contact the billing dept. I suugest you wait and review your next invoice?.

I ordered the early bird as well, went 2 or 3 bills with no second charge, then yesterday my new bill came and the 2nd charge is there.

So if you ordered off the web and it said $49.50/full season, Its most likely going to be 2 payments of $49.50.

well i ordered off the box and it never said anything about a 2nd payment (though from going to the website and acutally reading about it, i do know that there is 2 payments) but from D* they dont know i know this... as far as i'm concerened when i talk to them if there is a 2nd charge i took a picture of each screen and it doesnt say that there would be a 2nd charge so im going to fight it when i get charged

I was one of the three people who ordered this package at the early bird rate of $79.00. After researching more, I decided this wasn't worth it. I called to cancel this morning and was told I could get a refund, since I called before the start of the season.
It no longer shows up on my online account or the onscreen ordering channel. This tells me they actually turned it off.
My problem is when I check the recent activity button, no credit shows up. The only activity that shows up dated today is where they cancelled and re-added my DVR service for some unknown reason. How many days should I wait before I take it up with their billing dept. ?

Give it at least until tomorrow for their system to update. I cancelled my DirecTV service recently, and the partial month credit didn't show up online until the next day.

I decided to call this morning to try to get my 79 bucks back. After explaining the situation to the CSR, I was issued a credit which now shows up on my recent activity online. I got the impression from the call that I probably wouldn't have got the credit if I hadn't called.
I think it had something to do with how the original CSR cancelled my NASCAR sub. I would advise anyone who cancelled and hasn't got a credit call them. I would do it before the season starts also; so they can't claim you didn't cancel before the start of the season or something.

Nascar Hotpass Issues

After learning of other forum members experiences I decided to call a Direct Tv CSR."Good thing I did", stated the CSR. "If I had waited until Nascar Programming had started I would have had a tough time cancelling and obtaining a full credit".They had invoiced me for the two payments of $37.50 and the $49.50 payment offer+$128.50.The csr also stated that the $49.50 offer consisted of two payments of $49.50=$99.00.I mentioned the misleading advertising regarding the $49.50 offer.I then proceeded to cancell the Nascar Hotpass subscriptions as mentined in my previous post.Buyer Beware !Better to call and resolve any billing issues prior to start of Nascar Hotpass.they issued me a credit for $128.50 and will show on my March invoice.

I spoke to a CSR today and they said they have sold thousands and thousands of HotPass packages. I assume you were being facetious about being one of "three" people to buy.

I also don't understand how anyone could say they didn't know it was $79 or $99. It's plastered all over the television, the website, the television if you order by remote control, the stuff they throw in our bills.

I bought it at $79 and figured it was about $2 per race. Looking forward to a great season.

I also don't understand how anyone could say they didn't know it was $79 or $99. It's plastered all over the television, the website, the television if you order by remote control, the stuff they throw in our bills.

season.

It's not that we didn't "Know" that it was supposed to be$79 or $99, it was more about seeing if D* Would Honor their "Full Season/49.50" which is what it said where you change your programming online. unfortunately for D*, they chose to leave it instead of take it.

I knew it was 79.00 also. I just decided I would be better off watching the national broadcast, and listening to one of the 10 driver channels my Sirius radio is going to have.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)