Nashville HD Local Networks down for over a week now???

bub

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
As the title says, my Nashville HD local networks, ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX have been off the air for over a week now. Calls to DN result in, 'huh?'. Email to CEO also elicited a phone call with the same 'huh?'.

What's weird is whenever I try to select one of those channels, I get a looking for signal, then a transponder countdown, then a screen that says, 'There is no need to call us. We are working to get this channel back as soon as possible. blah blah blah' It is not an error screen but something DN is placing there instead of the normal signal.

Anybody know what is going on or the number to my local DirectTV salesperson???
George

They were moved from conus to spotbeam. Do you actually live in the Nashville dma?
If not you are out of luck.

6340 - WKRN [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar5 129W TP 14 ConUS beam to Ciel-2 129W TP 14 Spotbeam 38 (A) (H)(Nashville, TN-ABC)
6341 - WTVF [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar5 129W TP 14 ConUS beam to Ciel-2 129W TP 14 Spotbeam 38 (A) (H)(Nashville, TN-CBS)
6342 - WSMV [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar5 129W TP 14 ConUS beam to Ciel-2 129W TP 14 Spotbeam 38 (A) (H)(Nashville, TN-NBC)
6343 - WZTV [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar5 129W TP 14 ConUS beam to Ciel-2 129W TP 14 Spotbeam 38 (A) (H)(Nashville, TN-FOX)

where are you located? nashville locals were moved off CONUS to spotbeam last week. are you in/near Nashville? if no, that would explain it...

Thanks fellers! That explains 'er. Isn't there a list of local HD networks cities around these parts somewheres?

George

I love reading post like these where people are pissed that the locals they moved to went to spotbeam. If you move and the go out due to a spotbeam you don't have the right to be pissed or complain... especially not to any CSR or CEO email address.

I thought that this board would act as an advocate of the user community, Digiburrr, you sound like you wanna be a Dish exec with your constant defense of the Dish position. Why can't you accept that Dish is suffering growing pains with a hope that they'll get better regarding CS.

Thanks fellers! That explains 'er. Isn't there a list of local HD networks cities around these parts somewheres?

George

Click the The List! tab at the top of this page to see what cities are on what sats and beams to get some idea where you may want to move. ConUS locals are on 118.7 and 77. Depending on where you live, your locals may be coming soon. E* is scheduled to add about 6 markets per week beginning today.

Wow, down boys... I was just asking, not complaining. I've been with DN for over 12 years so I know the game by now.

I's takes my medicines...
George

Thanks to those, you know who you are, who offered advice, it is appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)