Nassau County residents - do not forget to vote NO to the new arena on August 2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandraC

On Vacation
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Charles Wang, owner of the Franchise that Time Forgot, is hoping voters will vote to approve subsidy of a new arena on Long Island for their one stupid almost-major league sports team. There is a good chance that if the funding is voted down, the team will leave the metropolitan area when their lease with the Nassau Mausoleum expires in 2015.

What a wonderful day that would be for all New York sports fans!!!

Please call all of your Long Island friends and relatives and remind them what an incredible tax burden this would be on the good people of the county that already has the highest taxes in the nation.

Let's end taxpayer suffering and hockey fan suffering all at the same time!

Vote NO!!!

Sandra

Sandra, forgive me for being ignorant because I live in Connecticut and Im not a big hockey fan, but your saying this new arena would be a taxpayer headache for everyone? The reason why I say this is that is seems like the Nassau Coliseum is a dump? Is that true? If you dont pay the taxes, the Islanders may leave.

Basically, what your saying is that its a huge tax burden which is why you should vote no??

I think thius is really a political thread. I know it reltes to sports but it isa political thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)