National Geographic Channel HD coming to Verizon this month:

Any idea whatever happen to NGCHD appearing on verizon? It's been 2 months now. Was the original info that NGCHD coming to verizon from verizon or more of a rumor?

mrtrance said:
Any idea whatever happen to NGCHD appearing on verizon? It's been 2 months now. Was the original info that NGCHD coming to verizon from verizon or more of a rumor?

My contacts at News Corp said they had a contract with Verizon for NGC HD along with the fact that the new NGC HD website showed it as being available on Verizon on their check availability page. Beyond that my contacts have no clue why Verizon hasn't offered it yet and I still haven't got in contact with anyone at Verizon yet.

I just received a letter from Verizon indicating that National Geographic HD (822) will be available by 3/30/06.* The * stating that it is an estimated date. It also says MTV HD will be available (823) by that date as well even though I've had that since my install in early February. QTV will also be available ($7.95 a month, channel 435) by that dae if you're interested.

amhafe said:
I just received a letter from Verizon indicating that National Geographic HD (822) will be available by 3/30/06.* The * stating that it is an estimated date. It also says MTV HD will be available (823) by that date as well even though I've had that since my install in early February. QTV will also be available ($7.95 a month, channel 435) by that dae if you're interested.

I got the same letter today. I am really looking forward to NG-HD!

Now all we need (in Fairfax County) is HDNet...:)

...and all the Voom channels...:D

...and INHD...;)

This really pi$$e$ me off. Nothing yet in Fairfax County, VA...

The lack of HDNet in Fairfax County is supposedly due to some blackout issues. But NGCHD? C'mon.

Also, it seems that other FiOS subs will be getting their local HD sports networks fairly soon - but nothing announced for Fairfax County...!

Sean Mota said:
yeah how does it look. do they have a combination of hd and sd programming or is it all HD on a repeating loop?

I checked between the two channels today and the new HD was a combo of both SD and HD and it seemed, at least when I checked, to be running the same showings on both channels rather than a loop. Have to wait and see how much HD programming there is.

mindgrind said:
I checked between the two channels today and the new HD was a combo of both SD and HD and it seemed, at least when I checked, to be running the same showings on both channels rather than a loop. Have to wait and see how much HD programming there is.

NGC HD will follow the SD NGC programming like HBO, SHO and such. If its available in HD it will be HD and if not it will be SD with black bars on both the left and right sides. Most of the programming will be in HDTV though.

LonghornXP said:
NGC HD will follow the SD NGC programming like HBO, SHO and such. If its available in HD it will be HD and if not it will be SD with black bars on both the left and right sides. Most of the programming will be in HDTV though.

I think I like that approach better than the Discovery Channel which is looped HD. I was watching again today and you get that little extra overscan on the SD stuff as well as it just looks a bit better than the SD channel.

they have some good content. i watched a bible show about the lost ark a couple of days ago and was very entertained. looks like i will have to go through the channel to set up recordings each week.

legalaliens said:
Up and running in Fairfax County, VA.

Now all I need is HDNet...;)

...and InHD, InHD2, all the Voom Channels, ...:D

The voom channels dont see that happening anytime soon considering they dont have any of the rainbow channels, we, ifc, msg and fox sports net, etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts