National Geographic HD, going live? When?

Jeff_R said:
NGHD is going to be 1280x720p because Fox is the controlling partner, and all of their HD is 720p. Since they do the conversion in studio, you shouldn't notice a huge difference in the quality of the programming. How does ESPN look to you? That's the same format the NGHD will be using.

Crap 720p and ESPN HD doesn't look great anymore on both my Westinghouse 42' 1080p LCD I think it's because of the fast pace action, it did great on a 30" Sanyo HDTV. Oh well hopefully it will look good aleast.

Food HD is REAL HIGH on my list, and my wife's.

720 60p displays motion better than 1080 30i. But there's always the processing and transmission to deal with, as well as the particular TV, to make things worse.

navychop said:
Food HD is REAL HIGH on my list, and my wife's.

720 60p displays motion better than 1080 30i. But there's always the processing and transmission to deal with, as well as the particular TV, to make things worse.

Me, too. I love Food Network and hope to see it in HD real soon.:)

Jeff_R said:
That's when Food HD is launched by Scripps. We're all hoping that it is launched on Dish at or about the same time.

Normally, I would be very hopeful that Dish would carry Food Network HD at launch, but after HGTV HD launched and they did not carry it then I wonder what will happen. For some reason Dish does not like to carry channels at launch. DirecTV started carrying Sleuth the other day at launch, and it was reported Dish will carry that channel later this summer. I don't know why, but Dish just doesn't like to carry channels at launch.

Dish did carry TNT-HD at lauch, and I think that they had Discovery HD Theater at Launch (although that was before my time).

So I think its 50/50.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts