National Geographic HD, going live? When?

NGHD is the new HD channel I want most. I know NG is producing all of their shows in HD now, but I don't think anyone carries it yet.

My guess is they will announce and launch it during Team Summit.

Team Summit is E*'s (Echostar, Dish Network) annual shin-dig for all the retailers/partners. They announce new stuff, and what's coming down the pike, as well as generally shmooze their folks.

Scott will be there :)

It's next week, AFAIK.

LER

I've put NGC-HD above Disc and Equator. I'm very much looking forward to this channel. After that its Turner Classic Movies, and SpeedTV-HD (or that Fox-hd) that I'll be waiting for.

Equator's PQ is not as good as DiscHD. I definitely hope that NatGeoHD will be better. Can't wait to have it...

What ever happened to HGTV in hd? It was promised like in April and I've yet to see it or hear anyone even talking about it. Food tv in hd , who cares?

Isn't NGHD going to be 1280x720. Because NGHD has a deal with EquatorHD to use some of their HD library. So won't 1080i content downconverted to 720p look a little less in PQ.

roachxp said:
Isn't NGHD going to be 1280x720. Because NGHD has a deal with EquatorHD to use some of their HD library. So won't 1080i content downconverted to 720p look a little less in PQ.

NGHD is going to be 1280x720p because Fox is the controlling partner, and all of their HD is 720p. Since they do the conversion in studio, you shouldn't notice a huge difference in the quality of the programming. How does ESPN look to you? That's the same format the NGHD will be using.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)