National HD

Chris,

Isn't there National HD channels on Dish every day? If you are asking about new HD channels, the answer is maybe, or dare I say "SOON". I'd like to see Dish straighten out their mess with Cablevision (MSG/Fuse). I doubt Dish will add any new HD channels in the near future.

John

Heck they cant even keep the ones they have! Three words, Disney High Definition. !

Yeah, because every grown adult cares about seeing mickey mouse in HD. Protip: 90% of little kids that watch the channel don't give a rat's ass! As long as they can see it!

Two words: AMC HD.

Yeah, because every grown adult cares about seeing mickey mouse in HD. Protip: 90% of little kids that watch the channel don't give a rat's ass! As long as they can see it!

Two words: AMC HD.

Absolutely spot on! The few trolling whiners who moan about the loss of Disney's few HD channels such as XD, etc., just can't accept the fact that the kids, who are the largest audience for those channels have absolutely no appreciation for HD and just want to see Hannah and company in fuzzy SD just fine. In other words, nobody cares!

Wow, the kids are really bad news to the consumer electronic folks because they just don't care about PQ, just any image for them will do. Now, if we could all only stay that way into adulthood, we would be saving tons of money.

I watch Disney everyday with my son and I dont really care that it's in SD. I'm the type of guy that usually only watches shows in HD but it's not that bad when watching cartoons. I don't see how it could be a make or break thing.

I watch Disney everyday with my son and I dont really care that it's in SD. I'm the type of guy that usually only watches shows in HD but it's not that bad when watching cartoons. I don't see how it could be a make or break thing.

I agree that cartoons do not look bad in SD or/and in HD. For some reason, they always look good. Other programs may not look good in SD; however, when changing from 1080i to 720p, those other programs look better. I also did not notice a change in HD programming when going from 1080i to 720p. As a whole, others think that programming looks better on our TV as well at 720p rather than 1080i. However, I cannot say that will work for everyone and their picture settings; the best way to find out would be to try both and pick the best one. There may not even be a change.

Nice attitude! Does it really matter who the target audience is? This is the HD revolution, all MSOs should be focused on adding HD, not removing it. Disney Channel is a core channel and it should be in HD. But the dispute with Dish also covers ESPNEWS HD and ABC Family HD, two channels many people give a ratsass about. I bet Disney Channel has more viewers then Fashion TV HD or Shorts HD.

Yep. New National HD on the way. Let's see, they're finally getting the Grass Growing HD channel. What else is there, besides some sports? Too much duplication today.

Nice attitude! Does it really matter who the target audience is? This is the HD revolution, all MSOs should be focused on adding HD, not removing it. Disney Channel is a core channel and it should be in HD. But the dispute with Dish also covers ESPNEWS HD and ABC Family HD, two channels many people give a ratsass about. I bet Disney Channel has more viewers then Fashion TV HD or Shorts HD.

Then maybe D* should work on getting AMC HD. Would rather a movie channel in HD any day of the week than seeing the Mouse in HD, or the 700 Club in HD, or some news channel in HD.

But whatever works for you!

This is the HD revolution, all MSOs should be focused on adding HD, not removing it.
More importantly, the content providers should be focused on delivering attractive content in HD instead of SD reruns/repeats and candidates for You Tube.

People complain bitterly about PPV channels but have they ever considered how much replay that Law & Order gets on the NBC family of channels?

Then maybe D* should work on getting AMC HD. Would rather a movie channel in HD any day of the week than seeing the Mouse in HD, or the 700 Club in HD, or some news channel in HD.

But whatever works for you!

Who cares? Everyone watches what they want.

I've had AMC HD on cable for about and year and a half now, and other then channel surfing, I've never watched it. I do watch 'some news channel in HD', meaning Fox News HD, I watch it quite a bit actually along with Fox Business HD. I know people who are enjoying The 700 Club in high definition as well. Personally I'm looking forward to the C-SPANs in HD. Time Warner has contracts for all three in HD, they're just not offered here in my area, also looking forward to getting the Gospel Music Channel HD as well. None of these channels may be of interest to you, but they are more important to me then AMC HD, which is is all but a waste to me. EWTN HD was just added a few weeks ago, will I ever watch it? Nope. Am I happy those that enjoy that type of programming are now able to view in in HD? You Betchya! Do I wanna see the channel removed? Never!

Fox News Channel HD is irrelevant seeing as DISH has it. So you're basically saying that the only channels that are important are the whopping three HD channels that DISH dropped when in reality you are probably one of a few hundred that cares out of 14 million DISH subscribers. Why don't you gripe at TWC instead for not having the channels YOU want.

Some of the orginal programming on Disney is in HD. Jonas show is HD. They also show the movies in HD. A lot of the series are just upconverted though, but that is true on most cable networks.

What is your deal man, lighten up! You mentioned 'some news channel', I brought up a news channel as an example. I'm not griping at all. I have Disney Channel HD and AMC HD and a lot of other HD channels. I'm more then happy with Time Warner's HD line up in my area. There's just a few more channels I would like to see added personally, and I'd like to see other channels added that I may not care for added so others can enjoy them. There's enough content out there for everyone to be happy. I'm not demanding the C-SPANs in HD or GMC HD, 4 channels a lot of people in their own mental midget mindset may consider a waste of HD bandwidth, I would just like to see them added to my line up eventually, especially considering TW carries them in other areas.

So you're basically saying that the only channels that are important are the whopping three HD channels that DISH dropped...

Please quote me where I said that, I would really like to know. I find your anger at the subject pretty ammusing though, I must say.

Who's angry? Not me. Sure, I'll quote you:

There ya go. You seem to be the one that's angry, stating that I have a "nice attitude!"

No, I'm not angry. I have more important things to be angry about then what someone says on an internet message board about a service I don't subscribe to. Just disappointed someone would have an attitude such as yours. That’s all, no anger here. You seem to have some screwy hate toward Disney, or some bizarre love with Dish Network, not sure which, maybe both, but it is quite evident

And you may have conveniently forgotten, but please address my question above and quote me where I basically said that the only channels that are important are the ones Dish dropped. Thank you in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts