National HR20 release is now 9/13/06

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Robert,
D* is offering me a FREE HR-20 (I've called 4 different times to verify and I don't already have an HR-10). Problem is, they can't seem to tell me when they will have it in TX. I already have an H-20 and the 5lnb dish, so I don't even need an install, just the box.
I'll be pretty upset if I walk in to BB and see one on the shelf but for some reason D can't ship one to me. If I order through you, I assume I can't take advantage of whatever special D is offering me direct? I want it soon, but not bad enough to spend $300 that I don't need to spend.

does everyone get the credit and is it $100 a credit on my dtv bill or to my cc that I ordered the receiver on?

tdbohannon said:
Robert,
D* is offering me a FREE HR-20 (I've called 4 different times to verify and I don't already have an HR-10). Problem is, they can't seem to tell me when they will have it in TX. I already have an H-20 and the 5lnb dish, so I don't even need an install, just the box.
I'll be pretty upset if I walk in to BB and see one on the shelf but for some reason D can't ship one to me. If I order through you, I assume I can't take advantage of whatever special D is offering me direct? I want it soon, but not bad enough to spend $300 that I don't need to spend.

Thanks for the email as well. You sure know how to get my attention:)

Not 100% sure I fully understand your question. However, if DIRECTV offers anyone a credit they can use the credit no matter where they order their equipment from.

In your case I believe I understand that DIRECTV is actually giving you a HR20 for free? And if that's the case I do not know how you would be able to get your money back, unless you set-up the HR20-700 you get from me as an owned unit and deactivate and sell it after you get one from DIRECTV

The second sentence of the second paragraph may also answer txhockey question. DIRECTV may offer programming credits to eligible customer upon request and for special circumstances.

-Robert

tdbohannon said:
Robert,

It's basically this: If DirecTV is offering you a good deal (free or whatnot) or you hope to get a deal then you need to get it directly from them. So you'll have to wait until they say it's available to you.

Otherwise you can get it now from Best Buy and very soon from everyplace else in the country that will sell it. And you'll pay whatever that retail price is ($399 at BB and $299 at VE for example). If you can get DirecTV to give you deals when you activate that is up to you. Or perhaps you can work out a credit with DirecTV before you get a unit from another source and you'll get that credit when you activate. It's really all up to your negotiation skills.

I found a Best Buy that has it here in Georgia...in Gwinnett. The guy had 6 in stock, and even put his hands on them!!!! :) :)

Only thing is, he wasn't 100% sure they'd match a web price of $299, but he said they probably would (he was the dept manager, but he said the GM would have to approve it)

I really want one for football this weekend and my zip has them at BB. Gotta keep saying to myself.

I can wait for VE next week. I can wait for VE next week.

Hey Robert, any way to sneek those out to past customers on Friday or Monday? I wont tell....... Promise.

Shouldn't the title of this thread be changed to something other than "national release is now 9/13/06" since its obvious that Best Buy has it and is pretty widely available?

Seems a bit misleading.

trs23 said:
Shouldn't the title of this thread be changed to something other than "national release is now 9/13/06" since its obvious that Best Buy has it and is pretty widely available?

Seems a bit misleading.

I don't agree. I checked the BB web site for local availability and it shows none in:

Chicago IL
San Francisco CA
Dallas TX
Houston TX
Denver CO
Washington DC

Those are fairly large cities that don't have any availability

rad said:
I don't agree. I checked the BB web site for local availability and it shows none in:

Chicago IL
San Francisco CA
Dallas TX
Houston TX
Denver CO
Washington DC

Those are fairly large cities that don't have any availability

That seems odd. It's available in all but one store in CT.

According to the BB website, it is available in Forsyth, Bloomington, and Springfield IL as well as Fresno CA. Apparently there are no BB stores in Chicago or San Fransisco.

raoul5788 said:
Apparently there are no BB stores in Chicago or San Fransisco.

The BB web site says 3 stores within the city limits of Chicago and two more in burbs that directly boarder it. You with think that they would have them there since it's a MPEG4 HD-LIL market.

hdtvtechno said:
typing in that zip, comes as available in the Skokie Location store

Skokie IL 5425 Touhy Ave, Skokie, IL 60077 :up

Wouldn't you know it. i just came back from the Skokie store, and they said they just had 7 of them but all them all gone now..., they had one left, but it was allready paid for, waiting for customer to pick it up....

New shipment wednesday at that location.....

hdtvtechno said:
Wouldn't you know it. i just came back from the Skokie store, and they said they just had 7 of them but all them all gone now..., they had one left, but it was allready paid for, waiting for customer to pick it up....

New shipment wednesday at that location.....
Just checked 60477 area code and it's suppose to be available in 4 stores.

Called retention twice this morning and they (both), are now saying HR20 "might" be available sometime later this month nationally.
This sucks!!

Called retention and got the HR20 w/A9 Dish installed (setup for 9/13) for $19.95 plus tax. I also have one on order from BeachAudio ($299.00 out the door), which should ship on 9/13. These 2 units will replace my 2 HR10-250's, which will be relocated to the bedrooms. I just hope DTV picks up the HD feed of CSN West in time for the NBA (Go Kings), but I am not holding my breath. The Sacramento DMA doesn't even have all the Big 4 in mpeg 4 yet. Presently NBC, ABC, CBS, and CW (go figure, CW, please...). Anyway, I just hope the install goes well and that my wife does not have too much of a learning curve with the new receiver:D :D :D

I called for my friend and got him this deal.

1. New 5 LNB Dish installed - No cost
2. $150 off new HR20 purchase retail. Credit on activation of unit. Just ordered him unit from Value Electronics
3. HBO and Showtime free for 6 months
4. HD Package free for 4 months

I got the following deal (already got 5 LNB dish). Not as good but I used retention earlier this year.

1. $100 off HR20 on activation (also getting it from VE)
2. HBO $10 off 6 months
3. Showtime free 6 months
4. $5 off HD package for 6 months.

Pretty happy. Come on Robert ship those units!!

bobojay said:
Called retention twice this morning and they (both), are now saying HR20 "might" be available sometime later this month nationally.
This sucks!!

You can buy it right now at Best Buy or any number of others sources starting this week. You don't have to wait on DirecTV to supply it to you directly. Get a deal that you'll get when you activate if you buy it somewhere else. :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)