national networks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

thesmith7

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
Newbie question for you all. If I sign up for Dish and opt out of getting my locals, I would not get any feeds of the Major networks. is that correct? Are all the Major networks on spot beams now?
Thanks!

Newbie question for you all. If I sign up for Dish and opt out of getting my locals, I would not get any feeds of the Major networks. is that correct? Are all the Major networks on spot beams now?
Thanks!

That is correct. According to federal law, you're only entitled to your local network affiliates. If you live in what is called a "white" area, sufficiently in the boonies to where you cannot receive an acceptable signal with an antenna, you may qualify for distant networks either east coast or west coast delivered over the satellite. Hope that helps.

And those distant networks are not done through Dish Network any more. The company doing it now also does not separate the east and west feeds, if you get ABC through them, you get both.

The cities for the feeds are Atlanta and San Diego, rather than the New York and Los Angeles channels previously provided.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts