National Rollout of SWM-Slimline

Status
Please reply by conversation.

unc8185

Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
Hi,

Has anyone heard any news about the national rollout of the SWM-Slimline dish? I am eagerly awaiting that news. I hope to get DirecTV and the installer to give me a SWM-Slimline dish. Running a second line to the DVR is not an option. My wife is very eager to lose the wire running in from the back bedroom.

Thanks!

They can roll out all they want.. But since my distributer tells me the SWM-LNB won't be available until October from them, the National Rollout doesn't mean much to me

What is the best way to find out if my local install company has the SWM Slimline? I'm guessing I would want to sign up through DirecTV directly to get whatever their latest deal is, but how do I know what company they actually send out to do the install?

Once I KNOW that I can get the SWM Slimline on a new install, I will call immediately to order. That has been my only hold up.

There is always the option for having the Slimeline installed and then having a SWM LNB, power inserter, and splitter at your home for the installer to use in place of the standard LNB and setup. That however will cost you additional out of pocket to get the SWM LNB, power inserter, and splitter from another source such as eBay. I have recently upgraded my Slimeline LNB to SWM LNB myself and I love it.

I don't see why any installer would decline to install the SWM equipment if you have it at the time of your install date. It is saving them time and they are getting paid the same amount for the job since they are paid by the number of recievers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)