NBA Finals....I guess I screwed up?

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
So I am trying to watch the NBA finals game tonight while at the same time dealing with two kids and bedtime. I was trying not to miss any of the game but apparently screwed up. Here is what I did:

• The game was about to start so I switched to that channel on my 722 and pressed pause
  • After dealing with kids for a LONG time I realized I was probably getting near the end of the pause buffer on my 722
  • So, I hit the record button on the remote and chose the option to "record the entire event"
  • Went back to dealing with kids
  • Kids asleep now and I DID NOT exceed my pause buffer so I just un-paused and continued watching live TV
  • Well, apparently since I chose to record the game I am now watching the recording and not just the paused version of live TV.
  • AND, since the game went longer than the scheduled time it did not record the entire game
  • End result....I MISSED THE LAST 6 MINUTES OF THE GAME
So, what did I do wrong. What should I have done?

Yes, I know, but when you choose to record something that is already in progress there is no way to say "record from the beginning" and "add 1 hour to the end of the recording".

On the 922, you hit record, then hit it again, and use the FORWORD button to extend the end time. I have no idea if that works on the 722. You may want to give it a try.

Yes, I know, but when you choose to record something that is already in progress there is no way to say "record from the beginning" and "add 1 hour to the end of the recording".
When you hit the record button, there should have been 3 choices: OK, Options, Cancel. After you hit the record button, you should have hit "Options" which gives you the choices to extend record time, create recurring timer, etc..

When you schedule it ahead of time, because it's labeled as a sporting event, it automatically extends the timer by an hour. Does it not do that when you record a sporting event "on the fly"??

When you schedule it ahead of time, because it's labeled as a sporting event, it automatically extends the timer by an hour. Does it not do that when you record a sporting event "on the fly"??
Apparently not.

I made that mistake on the SuperBowl of all things last year:rolleyes:

Had it paused and pressed record remainder of the event.Missed at least 2 minutes .Luckily I had almost caught up to live tv so didn't miss the end thank goodness.Lesson learned..from that point on I always extend the timer recordings just in case.60 extended minutes usually gets it all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts