NBA HD on Dish??

goblue99

Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
I am a first time poster with a question. I currently subscribe to Dish's America's Everything Pack. Also, in my 811 Purchase menu I see the NBA HD Pkg. However, everytime I try to tune in to an NBA game on HD on the Special Events channel, it tells me that the "game is blacked out.: Why is this so?? I live in Miami, Fla. Does this have anything to do with it??

Thanks in advance,

Well, I have had some of the NBA games. However, the last couple that I flipped on, said that I could not get it. One was a Dallas Mav game that was blacked out because it was for Dallas only.

-Mark

goblue99 said:
I am a first time poster with a question. I currently subscribe to Dish's America's Everything Pack. Also, in my 811 Purchase menu I see the NBA HD Pkg. However, everytime I try to tune in to an NBA game on HD on the Special Events channel, it tells me that the "game is blacked out.: Why is this so?? I live in Miami, Fla. Does this have anything to do with it??

Thanks in advance,

When you see one of those in the guide, click "info." If it was a game with Dallas, the guide tells you that it available only to Dallas viewers.

I subscribed to AEP end of December in order to get NBA-TV to watch NBA in HD. The first time I guess I missed the download to be able to watch it on the HD Event channel, but I haven't been able to catch one yet since. There was supposed to be a game last Saturday according to NBA-TV, but the guide did not show it playing. I'm losing hope of ever catching a NBA game in HD.

I agree with some posters who said ESPN-HD is a joke. I have not been able to catch anything on ESPN-HD in HD. Their stretched programming looks like crap! I actually been more impressed with the stretch modes available on the 811. It actually does a better job than my Mitsubishi 73907.

jdh62 said:
I subscribed to AEP end of December in order to get NBA-TV to watch NBA in HD. The first time I guess I missed the download to be able to watch it on the HD Event channel, but I haven't been able to catch one yet since. There was supposed to be a game last Saturday according to NBA-TV, but the guide did not show it playing. I'm losing hope of ever catching a NBA game in HD.

I agree with some posters who said ESPN-HD is a joke. I have not been able to catch anything on ESPN-HD in HD. Their stretched programming looks like crap! I actually been more impressed with the stretch modes available on the 811. It actually does a better job than my Mitsubishi 73907.

Last night's UConn-Pitt game looked very good on ESPN-HD.

ROLLTIDE said:
I wonder what Hancox thought about the Ucon game the other night ?

If you're referring to the Pitt/UConn in HD - the game was glorious. The HD was pretty good. Can't wait to see CBS's version during the NCAA's.

If you're referring to the UNC game on Sunday - F#$%@#$% off :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts