NBA HD on Dish??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goblue99

Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
I am a first time poster with a question. I currently subscribe to Dish's America's Everything Pack. Also, in my 811 Purchase menu I see the NBA HD Pkg. However, everytime I try to tune in to an NBA game on HD on the Special Events channel, it tells me that the "game is blacked out.: Why is this so?? I live in Miami, Fla. Does this have anything to do with it??

Thanks in advance,

Well, I have had some of the NBA games. However, the last couple that I flipped on, said that I could not get it. One was a Dallas Mav game that was blacked out because it was for Dallas only.

-Mark

goblue99 said:
I am a first time poster with a question. I currently subscribe to Dish's America's Everything Pack. Also, in my 811 Purchase menu I see the NBA HD Pkg. However, everytime I try to tune in to an NBA game on HD on the Special Events channel, it tells me that the "game is blacked out.: Why is this so?? I live in Miami, Fla. Does this have anything to do with it??

Thanks in advance,

When you see one of those in the guide, click "info." If it was a game with Dallas, the guide tells you that it available only to Dallas viewers.

I subscribed to AEP end of December in order to get NBA-TV to watch NBA in HD. The first time I guess I missed the download to be able to watch it on the HD Event channel, but I haven't been able to catch one yet since. There was supposed to be a game last Saturday according to NBA-TV, but the guide did not show it playing. I'm losing hope of ever catching a NBA game in HD.

I agree with some posters who said ESPN-HD is a joke. I have not been able to catch anything on ESPN-HD in HD. Their stretched programming looks like crap! I actually been more impressed with the stretch modes available on the 811. It actually does a better job than my Mitsubishi 73907.

jdh62 said:
I subscribed to AEP end of December in order to get NBA-TV to watch NBA in HD. The first time I guess I missed the download to be able to watch it on the HD Event channel, but I haven't been able to catch one yet since. There was supposed to be a game last Saturday according to NBA-TV, but the guide did not show it playing. I'm losing hope of ever catching a NBA game in HD.

I agree with some posters who said ESPN-HD is a joke. I have not been able to catch anything on ESPN-HD in HD. Their stretched programming looks like crap! I actually been more impressed with the stretch modes available on the 811. It actually does a better job than my Mitsubishi 73907.

Last night's UConn-Pitt game looked very good on ESPN-HD.

ROLLTIDE said:
I wonder what Hancox thought about the Ucon game the other night ?

If you're referring to the Pitt/UConn in HD - the game was glorious. The HD was pretty good. Can't wait to see CBS's version during the NCAA's.

If you're referring to the UNC game on Sunday - F#$%@#$% off :)