NBA League Pass HD question

same question for me. I want as many hd games as possible but i want to see Knicks games in HD. When i had fios the picture quality for sd games looked like they had a cell phone on a tripod.

same question for me. I want as many hd games as possible but i want to see Knicks games in HD.
No. Especially if you want to see Knicks games.

Dish doesn't carry MSG or MSG+ in HD, while DirecTV does. That alone will substantially change the number of HD games you'll see as part of league pass. I would guess the difference now is probably around 20-30% more HD games on DirecTV than Dish for both NHL Center Ice and NBA League Pass because of the way Dish limits capacity for the HD game feeds.

You can also add the number of duel feeds in HD.
Keep in mind, the the number of HD games for CI (about 1/2 in HD) and LP (about 1/2 in HD) even on Direct last year was still not near as many that were offered on EI (almost every game in HD) and ST (all games in HD). This year may be different though.

This year on DirecTV's website, they are claiming up to 40 games a week and up to 20 of them in HD (again, about 1/2). Although when I looked at last year's schedule it looks like much more than 1/2 were in HD.
Dish network's website is claiming up to 40 games a week, but does not say how many will be in HD (they state only "select game broadcast in HD"). Probably for the reason you stated. They do not know how much bandwidth can be allotted on any one day well ahead of time.

Last edited:
and in some cases when a team is using an OTA feed it may not be in HD. I know the Wolfies last year werent in HD on local TV (just on FSN)...but I could be wrong as I only glanced at the Wolfies games while flipping ;)

same here in d.c. when wizards were on ota it ws in hd even there home games were in hd. hopefully i will be able to see every wizards game in hd. whas the rules for dish when capitals and wizards play on same night? comcast has two hd channels if im not mistaken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts