Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just got this in my inbox...

DISH Engineering is planning to move the Denver Big 4 Networks off of the Conus beam and into Spot beams.

The locals are currently on the 110 satellite, and will go into the same 110 spot as the rest of Denver Channels.

This activity is currently scheduled to happen next Wednesday, September 22, 2010 (subject to change).

I has the dumb.

What exactly, if anything, does this mean for me, living in Denver? :)
For most people NOTHING... but if you are one who "MOVED" to get locals from Denver you will not longer get those stations if you are outside the area served by the Spot Beam.

> So whats Charlie going to watch when he is out of town.

He has a whole satellite dedicated to himself for self amusement. I think its called Galaxy 15 or something like that and he just moves it to where it best suites him at will.

What is it going to do to Buffalo Wyoming? The place is north of Casper but if you put in an address for Buffalo, you get Denver locals.

What is it going to do to Buffalo Wyoming? The place is north of Casper but if you put in an address for Buffalo, you get Denver locals.

My question exactly. The Denver DMA is a contender for the largest in the nation. It includes 2/3 of Colorado, most of Wyoming and portions of Nebraska, Kansas and New Mexico. I don't think it can possibly fit in a single spot beam, so DISH is abandoning these customers in spite of their claims to have 100% local coverage.

My question exactly. The Denver DMA is a contender for the largest in the nation. It includes 2/3 of Colorado, most of Wyoming and portions of Nebraska, Kansas and New Mexico. I don't think it can possibly fit in a single spot beam, so DISH is abandoning these customers in spite of their claims to have 100% local coverage.

Is this big enough for you guys?

SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - DISH Network 119°W

I figured they would do this as there is really no need to be wasting CONUS space on the last few SD markets that are up there since E14 was launched and can handle the load.

Dish has on 119 sat. transponder 20 NY locals conus in SD
America Direct has on 119 sat transponder 15 NY and Oak Cal.locals conus in SD

So when Dishnetwork gets distant local approval in the next 5 weeks from the FCC is it a given they will use the mirror to 119 namely 72.7 sat. to offer distant locals ?

Don Paul

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)