any standard policy for pole mounts?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
I just called my local satellite dealer about moving my Dish service and I mentioned that I may not have LOS without a pole mount and my girlfriend would rather not have the dish mounted on the house anyway. They said that a pole mount costs $75 plus the cost of cable. I could've sworn that I read somewhere that any pole mount within 50 feet of the house was considered a standard installation. Does the price vary according to the installer, or am I just completely mistaken about having heard any such thing?

The "Free Dish pole" is junk. a pole in the earth is all u get mabe less..

Our office is $199 pole mount on 2"OD mast (Ez for you to go to direct) for the first 50' and extra after that.. new install or old ..

what we do is dig your hole for the pole and set it with cement.
Trench out a line for the PVC conduit to the main junction or Mpoe .

Day 2 install dish run 6 solid copper lines through conduit and enjoy for many years without problems.

When I needed a pole mount Dish installed it and buried the direct burial cable at NO COST--at least 50'. They did this twice actually--I had to have a 2 dish system. I had these pole mounted dishes for 4 & 11 years with no problems. Just lucky I guess.:rolleyes: My dish (1000.4) is now on the roof, had to be installed there for LOS. This also was FREE and NO commitment. Good luck to ya!

Ed

Nearly the same sort of deal here. I signed up for the protection plan, so I got the pole mount, cemented in hole, direct bury cable trenched in and everything hooked up for one $15 service call. It was a two-tripper - first day was temp install, second was final.

I just called my local satellite dealer about moving my Dish service and I mentioned that I may not have LOS without a pole mount and my girlfriend would rather not have the dish mounted on the house anyway. They said that a pole mount costs $75 plus the cost of cable. I could've sworn that I read somewhere that any pole mount within 50 feet of the house was considered a standard installation. Does the price vary according to the installer, or am I just completely mistaken about having heard any such thing?

50 feet of cable burial for new connects and Dish Movers is usually standard across the board. As such, the burial is part of the standard instal.
The company I used to work for charged $1.50 for each foot of burial beyond the 50 foot mark.
On relocates of dishes or new mounts of existing antennas in place( new pole/taller pole), charges apply. They apply because it is not a new install. Dish and their contractors charge for this service. There is no free burial.
You may be able to negotiate a reduced or even free relocate of your antenna through Dish. However , a contractor tech will not do the reolcate free of charge because Dish Netowrk does not pay the contracting company. That cost is borne by the consumer.

I don't have the protection plan. I'm getting a free DishMover, so I didn't think to ask whether it would've been free or cheaper with the protection plan.

All I can say is make sure they do a good job of installing it, cause if they don't you'll be footing the bill to make it right.

I don't have the protection plan. I'm getting a free DishMover, so I didn't think to ask whether it would've been free or cheaper with the protection plan.

Dish Mover is a different story. Standard install is free for the FIRST Dish Mover.
Subsequent movers are open to musical CSR's and how much the custy complains about the (if any) charges.

This is my first mover. I didn't call Dish, I called a local dealer, and they've always gone out of their way to be friendly to me for some reason.

We were originally going to have ours pole mounted. There were no additional charges. The dishes ultimately were mounted on the side of the house though since there is a gas line nearby...they would've had to call and have everything marked. Would've preferred the pole, but I'm okay with the side of the house. There's no way that I would allow them to drill into my roof though.

All of my sat dishes are on poles out side my house. I don't like them on my roof due to potential leaks. I also like that I can easily re-peak and re-aim them to what ever sat I need at the time. IF I lived up north in snowland U.S.A. ,I would insist that my dish was a pole mount too , so I could sweep the snow and ice off as needed.

All of my sat dishes are on poles out side my house. I don't like them on my roof due to potential leaks. I also like that I can easily re-peak and re-aim them to what ever sat I need at the time. IF I lived up north in snowland U.S.A. ,I would insist that my dish was a pole mount too , so I could sweep the snow and ice off as needed.

all of your dishes..How many do you have?...DO you have more than one provider?
How much tv can one person watch...and pay for?

all of your dishes..How many do you have?...DO you have more than one provider?
How much tv can one person watch...and pay for?

I have three of them.

Eastern arc dish +Western arc dish with an lnb adapter for a single lnb for 110 (distants from AAD). The third dish is an older 1000 model that I used just for the old 501 dvr that I had a while back. You can't use eastern arc dish with this series of receivers.

There has always been a charge for pole mounts. The thing is that dish only cares that the install gets done. The RSP and DNSC are forced to install pole mounts for free, to make sure they hit their numbers.

Retailers don't care about dishes numbers, and as such are able to recoupe the cost of the pole and additional labor to install it. If you don't want to pay to have your local installer do the work then, call Dish and see if they have DNSC or an RSP to do the work. Just don't expect the retailer to be so ready to service the system for you.

There has always been a charge for pole mounts. The thing is that dish only cares that the install gets done. The RSP and DNSC are forced to install pole mounts for free, to make sure they hit their numbers.

Retailers don't care about dishes numbers, and as such are able to recoupe the cost of the pole and additional labor to install it. If you don't want to pay to have your local installer do the work then, call Dish and see if they have DNSC or an RSP to do the work. Just don't expect the retailer to be so ready to service the system for you.

Why would the retailer not want to service a system it didn't install? Seems like passing on making some money and foolish in the end to me.

Why would the retailer not want to service a system it didn't install? Seems like passing on making some money and foolish in the end to me.

Easy...Retailers don't accept service calls because Dish pays very little for the service and the retailer is forbidden to charge any extra to the customer.
The exception is if the reason for the service call is "customer caused".
ANd even that can be a huge battle. If the customer refuses to pay or calls Dish to complain about the charges, the company almost invariably sides with the customer and the retailer gets the standard fee.
Now, if a retailer takes a call directly from customer, that retailer may indeed charge a service fee. The retailer notifies the customer of all applicable charges up front. The customer may accept or refuse.

I'm not sure about Dish Mover but I just got a new install on a pole (due to LOS but I'm glad to as snow on a dish can be an issue in upstate NY). There was no extra charge and the installer had to bury about 15' of cable. He didn't have a trencher, did it with a shovel! It was in an area where there is no lawn so I was fine with it. Personally, I'm very happy with it, he used a 50' bag of cement and did a great job leveling it.

I'm not sure about Dish Mover but I just got a new install on a pole (due to LOS but I'm glad to as snow on a dish can be an issue in upstate NY). There was no extra charge and the installer had to bury about 15' of cable. He didn't have a trencher, did it with a shovel! It was in an area where there is no lawn so I was fine with it. Personally, I'm very happy with it, he used a 50' bag of cement and did a great job leveling it.
15feet is a piece of cake. No trencher needed unless the soil is like bricks.
I used a flat shovel and made a slit trench. After I was through tamping down the trench, one would have to look closely to see where the trench was. Old landscaper trick.
I once did a pole mount in the front of a home( line of sight issue) with a beautiful weed free lawn..
The wife was home and the husband whom I spoke with on the phone was very concerened about the trench.
After I completed the job, I showed the wife and asked her "what trench?"...
She could not tell where the trench was until I showed her the slightly matted grass. Her husband called me later that week and told me he was very pleased with the way I did the job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts