NBA League Pass preview 2008 question

hoophead

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 24, 2007
Wisconsin
What about the start of the new season? I see about it for broadband but nothing for the television. And, if so, what channels are they on?

So far I am running into a brick wall.

Help!

After the 4th you won't get NBA league pass on Dish Network because they do not have a contract with the NBA. Directv and all major cable providers do however. Dish says they are looking out for you by not offering this to you.

The channels are 560-572. You will be able to watch tonight, and then hope that Dish gets a contract. The price should be lower than 169.99 because that's what all of the others are, and Dish keeps saying they are still negotiating to get the lowest price possible for their beloved viewers

I'm not sure where this November 4th date comes from.

The only date I see is "November 11th" as the date that the NBA League Pass Broadband Free Preview ends.

Maybe using the 4th since that's when the D* freeview ends. The E* web site's schedule for NBA games only has 11/3 games shown, nothing for any future games plus it also says "We are currently working quickly and aggressively with the NBA to have the League Pass package available soon."

Broadband ends on the 11th

TV ends on the 4th

According to what source ?

Some other guy on some Forum ?

PS I don't see it ending on 11/5 on Dish Network, because they have not been able to offer the package. So, if they are still negotiating, then both Dish and NBA have motivation to continue the Free Preview.

Last edited:
The E* web site's schedule for NBA games only has 11/3 games shown, nothing for any future games plus it also says "We are currently working quickly and aggressively with the NBA to have the League Pass package available soon."

The onscreen Guide for the NBA League Pass Channels shows tonight 11/4:

Channel 561 - Phoenix vs New Jersey 7:30pm ET
Channel 562 - Dallas vs San Antonio 8:30pm ET

so the E* web site is not accurate, when it only shows games through 11/3.

NBA-TV is still part of the Free Preview right now on channel 560 and they should have Boston at Houston at 8:30pm ET.

According to what source ?

Some other guy on some Forum ?

PS I don't see it ending on 11/5 on Dish Network, because they have not been able to offer the package. So, if they are still negotiating, then both Dish and NBA have motivation to continue the Free Preview.

The free preview is always for the first week. The season started on the 28th, or 1 week ago. You are also welcome to call Dish Netowrk and they will tell you it's only until the 4th.

Without a contract it could be extended I suppose, but I'm not sure what the motivation of the NBA would be to do that. They charged Directv and the cable companies for the package, so how would it be fair to let Dish continue to show it for free? Also, what possible reason would the NBA care if Dish doesn't show it? Most people will cancel and go to Directv that would have ordered it anyway.

I'm not here to make up stories about Dish, or mislead anyone about league pass. Just to inform people that don't seem to know that the free preview, as of today, ends tonight.

Before the season started the NBA webpage for NBA League Pass mentioned the TV preview was until 11/4 and Broadband lasted through 11/11. I guess we will find out tomorrow if Dish is continuing the free preview for an extended amount of time.

Before the season started the NBA webpage for NBA League Pass mentioned the TV preview was until 11/4 and Broadband lasted through 11/11. I guess we will find out tomorrow if Dish is continuing the free preview for an extended amount of time.
I was able to setup my DVR to record games today (11/5). We'll see if it works.

I am hearing (although nothing official) that the free preview will continue on Dish Network as positive negoations are going on with the NBA.

They hope to have things settled by the end of the week.