NBA on TNT-HD - Season 2

flipper2001

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
South Florida
Not sure where this post goes but Ill leave it here and let Sean move it accordingly.

TNT-HD update: It's been nearly 6 months since basketball ended and 3 or 4 revisions of firmware. Tonight they had thier first set of games. I really don't watch much on TNT so I can't comment on the daily shows but more or less the same issues that plauged TNT-HD from late June are still present.

The first thing I noticed during the Miami/Atlanta game was that the sound (Im listening in DD5.1 with optical cable) FW 6.20 - would drop out pretty much every 2-5 minutes with the same type of glitch each time. This went on the first 90 minutes of the game, by the 3rd Q this problem went away. The annoying problem with the Green screen blanks didnt appear at all during the entire miami/atlanta game. Now the Clippers/Lakers are on and immediately I notice the sound problem that was happening during the Miami game is back again and every now and then (cant give a good time estimate) the picture goes to a black with sound for 1 second before returning.

It's hard to imagine, but I really think this problem is TNT-HD and Voom in this case (I might be wrong) and this could be why D* didnt add TNTHD yet. Maybe cause they need to work out the bugs. Not sure. Don't know anyone with echostar so I cant comment on that. This problem isnt present on any other channel so thats where I infer it's TNT-HD and not Voom's issue.

Anyone else have more info?

i saw the NBA on TNT-HD and the 1st 2 games had sound issues and TNT ran a crawl saying it was them. after that and tonight no issues.

charper1 said:
i saw the NBA on TNT-HD and the 1st 2 games had sound issues and TNT ran a crawl saying it was them. after that and tonight no issues.

After the 2nd game, I watched Dark Siege 2. There was no sound issues at all, but every few mins the black picture kept coming in. Like I said in the other message, i hardly watch TNT so not sure if this is just the common rather then a problem.

The sound was a problem on their end. I watched the game but not the entire game and I did not see the black screen problem. I haven't the black screen problem on TNT for a while. I will have o check again.

damn I missed the Miami Atlanta game, NBA is still in preseason right? Is there a game schedule posted somethere?

riffjim4069 said:
Maybe I'll mess with ya just a little bit since I've been told I need a little taken off the top.
I could fix that for you! :D Just one quick swipe. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)