--NBA in HD on ESPN--

rasecane1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
Finally tonight ESPN showed a gmae in HD. It was The Detriot vs. NY game and it looked great !!!!! I hope this is the beginning of ESPN showing many games in High Def.

I don't really care for basketball. The only sport that really interests me is on strike. But you should bookmark the ESPN-HD schedule that shows all the upcoming HD games. http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/espnhd/index

But they've been doing a decent job, averaging 15 hours of HD a day. I think that's a lot better than TNT is doing.

ESPN is doing 15 hours a day? I must be tuning in at the wrong time because everytime I flip it on, they have the inserted side bars so I tune it right back off again.

15 hours a day??

Thats a load of crap. That figure includes their 10-12 hours of the same consecutive/repetitive Sportscenter.

rasecane1 said:
Thats a load of crap. That figure includes their 10-12 hours of the same consecutive/repetitive Sportscenter.

They do that because they know we don't have a DVR to record it. They play it over and over just like the VOOM exclusives.

Ahhhh I see....

They do that because they know we don't have a DVR to record it. They play it over and over just like the VOOM exclusives.

Difference is that Sportscanter is a top notch program while at least 75% of VOOMS features are way sub par and highly repetitive.

I rarely watch ESPNHD or any other ESPN for that matter. I'm sick today so I've watched Smart Travels on Voom (filled with skeeters, deplorable picture), 2 movies on HDNET Movies (crystal clear, spectacular) and the Ultimate Car show on DiscHD on Dish (ultra crisp, spectacular PQ), now I am watching 3 on ESPNHD and damn, what a piece of crap for HD this is. What's with the grain mask put over the lens? Is that to make it look like it was shot in the 60's? It's a poor excuse for HD. The upconverted Kay Jewelers commercials look better than this movie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts