ESPN HD>>>>WOW!!!!!!!!

whtsantafe

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2004
Did anyone else notice ESPN is twice as clear today?????

I noticed that Iam targeted with the new software ,could that be it?

I don't know what you were watching, but I just compared the figure skating from China that's on right now and it is not as good as the picture on Dish HD.

I was referring to SPORTSCENTER.
anyhow on my TV it was twice as clear today then anytime before.

whtsantafe said:
I was referring to SPORTSCENTER.
anyhow on my TV it was twice as clear today then anytime before.

Is it possible that you finally got around to changing the secret red button and have just now started watching 1080i instead of 480p?

Coincidentally, I noticed that DiscoveryHD was super sharp tonight, I was watching Extreme Engineering about the huge shovel and Dish was pixelating like crazy so I switched to Voom and I couldn't believe my eyes: ZERO mosquito noise during this show, I was totally shocked! I've never seen DiscoveryHD look so good on Voom before.

I thought Voom may have been tweaking things and I watched the BASE show about jumping off Angel Falls on Rave and it was full of mosquito noise, as was Equator (still). I hope this is a sign that they are at least tweaking and playing around with compression schemes trying to make the PQ better.

Yes I know about the red button even before I had voom.
My box is set to 1080i, I think voom is PQ testing there new software etc...

Wathing Ultra Amazing

It is true i was watching Ultra, show in Berlin and then i watched the fashion week show in LA, my god i have never seen HD so sharp in my life. They are playing with the algorithms, the compression schemes are better , and picture quality on many of the voom original channels is amazing. Dazzling colors and very sharp images and excellent resolution.

DarrellP said:
Now if they could only tweak EquatorHD, it still looks like crap.
Just a thought, that ive screamed 100 times. Combine some of these damn channels!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)