Ch. 304 ESPNA Problems?

RPacion

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 25, 2004
Anthem, AZ
I was channel surfing this morning and when I got to 304 (ESPNA), 2 different receivers gave me different messages:
STB 1: the standard "Call to Subscribe" message.
STB 2: "Access Card" - "Please verify that the correct access card is properly inserted. If problem persists, call Customer Service at 1-800-GET-VOOM", and in the lower right corner was the code "CA010".

Anyone else having issues with this channel? It's not a big deal since I never watch that channel, but I thought it was strange. Both receivers have the 7.26 software.

ESPNA & ESPN2A are for when they have different sports games on all over the US and they'll broadcast them on those. Well that's the impression I got for these 2 channels

The only times I have seen/watched ESPNA and ESPN2A is during the NHL and NBA playoffs. ESPN will have a game for most of the nation and then another game for a small region. ESPNA will show the game for the small region for those in the rest of the nation.

maybe durning the MLB in April they'll use them? It'll be nice to get some teams from other cities that are playing but you can't watch because you are close to a certian team

Yes they use them during the MLB when they are showing a national game that gets blacked out regionally an alternate is available for cable cos to show to the blacked out region.

Multiple Monday Night Games

I think the new TV contracts will allow Fox and CBS to schedule some games outside the normal Sunday time slots when they go into effect in 2006 (or whatever year it is they come into effect). It's not clear how they'll broadcast multiple games under those circumstances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)