NBA Season Pass

Is there a way to tell if I'm getting some sort of free preview or if I actually am subscribed to NBA League Pass?

I spoke with a fairly competent CSR the other day, and he said I should not be getting League Pass. I told him I am getting channel 9xxx, he confirmed that I should ne be getting that, and congratulated me on getting it for free. He said he would not "fix the glitch"... nice guy. I watched the entire pre-season without ever ordering it. I get about 20 channels of League Pass all the time.

Same here. I watched many of the pre-season games and get about 15 channels all the time for the League Pass. I subscribed a few years ago and was planning on subscribing again this year. I can't actually remember seeing any advertisements on the pre-season having a free preview and what is even more bizarre to me is that I would have thought DISH would not be allowed to do a free preview (even if it was pre-season) without a deal of some kind on the table.

There are three games scheduled for tonight (two of which are on TNT) but the other game (Milwaukee Bucks @ Chicago Bulls) is nowhere to be found on the NBA League Pass. Plus, as some of you others have stated, I can't find anything several days out (unless it's on ESPN, TNT, NBA TV, or my local RSN). I'm really believing they didn't get a deal worked out. :(

Last edited:
From my live chat with E* yesterday, the rep stated (Post #13): "Our goal at DISH is to complete the best deal for our subscribers in advance of the start of the regular season on October 28th."

This statement really doesn't make sense. The cost of League Pass is very likely going to be the same for E* or D* subscribers. I highly doubt they would give E* subs a better rate.

E* seems to love to use this type of statement to make it sound like they are looking out for the subscribers.

I actually called the NBA offices the other day and spoke to a gentleman named Matt. He told me that both Directv and the major digital cable providers had signed an interim contract and that is why they can offer league pass right now. He said he felt good about those companies adding league pass, but did not feel as good about Dish Network. This was simply due to the others having some sort of contract in place already.

All of you should call the NBA and ask for Matt regarding league pass and ask how the progress is going.

The phone number is 212-407-8000

Let me know what you hear.

Well my guide now shows the bulls-bucks game on at 7:30 pm on channel 561.
So who knows what is going on with dish and the nba league pass , dish sure seems to leave out their customers when it comes to the info on what the heck is going on.

I just spoke to Dish customer service and got the sob story about the NBA asking unreasonable terms from Dishnetwork but they are still negotiating...this does not sound good :mad:

Any likelihood in getting out of my contract due to all this bull? One of my reasons for dropping Charter was to get League Pass.

Same here! I just dumped Time Warner about a month ago specifically to get more HD games for League Pass (Time Warner had absolutely none) & now I get this. If they don't get their sh*! together I am dumping them and refusing to pay for any cancel fee.

The schedule is updated... at least for 2 regular season days.

dishnetwork.com/content/whats_on_dish/pay_per_view/sports/basketball/schedules/nba_league_pass/index.shtml

Promising...

Not really promising at all.

Dish Network is showing a free preview through the 4th. All of the games until that point will be on the schedule.

Please join me in calling and complaining to not only Dish, but to the NBA as well

Good luck getting far with that...

Not really that hard actually; I've gotten out of several cancellation fees for various services & most recently a $450 termination fee from directv last year. The key is persistence and emailing ceo, members of the board of directors & other top members of the company about your complaints and that you are going to encourage everyone you know to cancel and never sign up for their service if they make you pay. Like clockwork, they'll call you back the next day and apologize profusely for any inconvenience and fully refund the cancel fee.

I have idea as to why there isn't any games being shown in HD. Probably because there's no contract. But I'm no expert on this. All I know is if this was last year and there was 10 games on League Pass like tonight, atleast a few of them would be in HD.

I have idea as to why there isn't any games being shown in HD. Probably because there's no contract. But I'm no expert on this. All I know is if this was last year and there was 10 games on League Pass like tonight, atleast a few of them would be in HD.

The contract is not to show HD vs SD, its to broadcast any games at all.

I guess I just got bad information from a local Dish installer I talked with. He probably has no idea what he's talking about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)