NBA Single game PPV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
is coming this year , i guess it would be on direcTV also each game will cost $6.99, my question will be when will every league go to team packages.

I see it's gonna be $120 per team, and then still $200 for entire package, but not sure if that $120 is worth the price.

Depends on the team I suppose, if you live out of state, and the team is never on national, that 82 games would be $573.18 if you did all 82 games.

I'd have to debate whether an extra $80 bucks for every team is worth it.

I'd like to see the NFL do something like this, but I doubt it happens this season.

that's exactly what's going to happen with other leagues that decide to adopt the "team-based package" - - the teams alone will cost more than half of the entire package so it makes it less cost efficient and less appealing to consumers, and I don't blame them.

listen to more on this, this is more like internet package not a tv package, but $120 per team vs. $199 for whole LP make no sense

I'd like to see the NFL do something like this, but I doubt it happens this season.

The problem with the NFL doing a "team" package is that there will a big difference in the amount of games available between each team. Every team has at least one national game, that's not part of Sunday Ticket. Some teams might have 4-5 national games. No one is going to want to pay the same price for a team that will only have 11 games available, compared to others teams that will have 15 games available. I know I wouldn't.

The problem with the NFL doing a "team" package is that there will a big difference in the amount of games available between each team. Every team has at least one national game, that's not part of Sunday Ticket. Some teams might have 4-5 national games. No one is going to want to pay the same price for a team that will only have 11 games available, compared to others teams that will have 15 games available. I know I wouldn't.

this is the same idea for other leagues as well; the ratio is just larger with the NFL. the NBA, NHL, MLB all have nationally televised games and such, but because there are fewer NFL games, it makes it more difficult.

besides, these leagues don't own the rights to the teams, so while I think it'll happen with the latter 3 eventually, I don't believe it'll happen with the NFL due to that reason. they won't get the agreement from the teams as easily as the other leagues could.

Good point, didn't think of that. Oh well not a big deal to me, I like having the entire Ticket, and League Pass.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)