jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
FROM DIRECTV:

The nearly 8 month long NBA TV (HD version) free preview ends tonight.
Moving forward, customers with NBA League Pass and/or Sports Pack plus HD Access will continue to receive the channel as in the past.

Customers that have been receiving it in free preview (required only HD Access) will see a message that the channel is not available and must be ordered beginning tomorrow, July 1st.

Never recall hearing this was a free preview, but even if it is a "package" type of change, you'll need Sports pack, Premier Base package, or NBA League Pass for this fall.

FROM DIRECTV:
Never recall hearing this was a free preview, but even if it is a "package" type of change, you'll need Sports pack, Premier Base package, or NBA League Pass for this fall.

It's just another money grubbing ripoff. The NFL Network is available to the Choice Package subscribers. Why can't the NBA do that too? Why are they so greedy?

You have GOT to be kidding me.

Wait so I'm confused. I get the Choice Plus Package and HD Access. Does this mean that now I'll only get the SD version of NBA TV?

If it were the Magic/ Bird/ Michael era, I would pay to keep it.

Now with all of the thugs that play I say. See ya!!!!!!

You have GOT to be kidding me.

Wait so I'm confused. I get the Choice Plus Package and HD Access. Does this mean that now I'll only get the SD version of NBA TV?
I don't believe you'll get any version of NBA TV.

I was always under the impression the channel was only available if you had the sport pack. I had never heard otherwise.

I don't believe you'll get any version of NBA TV.

I was always under the impression the channel was only available if you had the sport pack. I had never heard otherwise.
But then why did they mention the HD version of it? If this was for all of them, wouldn't they just say, "Starting in July, you need the Sports Pack/League Pass in order to get the NBA Network", as opposed to singling out the HD version?

But then why did they mention the HD version of it? If this was for all of them, wouldn't they just say, "Starting in July, you need the Sports Pack/League Pass in order to get the NBA Network", as opposed to singling out the HD version?

I think they were singling out HD, becouse that was the only feed you were getting. For example for myself I would get the HD but not the SD feed.

It's just another money grubbing ripoff. The NFL Network is available to the Choice Package subscribers. Why can't the NBA do that too? Why are they so greedy?

Other way around. The NFL Network demands it be on basic (and charge per a much larger number of subs), which is why so many cable companies have balked at putting it on.

Exactly, the HD feed has been open for 8 months, the SD feed is locked to sports pack like usual. They are changing the HD channel back to it's normal package.

Hmmm.. I still am getting NBA-TV HD, but on my other receiver (DVR Plus) the NBA-TV SD is blacked out. Anyone else experiencing this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)