NBC and Dish near agreement on ad skipping?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Defend Dish all you want over the cheapening of AutoHop. The reality is they are scrambling right now to keep people from cutting the cord and watering down a signature feature isn't the way to go about it.

How much extra did you pay to have DISH add AutoHop to your Hopper? ;)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Playing devils advocate here Scott,hoppers do bring more fees,so in some way you could make a case that your paying for autohop.Otherwise get a vip 722 and save a few bux.This is one big reason we still haven't upgraded to the hopper.Skip forward works very well on the vip receivers,plus it's cheaper.

Reactions: osu1991
Playing devils advocate here Scott,hoppers do bring more fees,so in some way you could make a case that your paying for autohop.Otherwise get a vip 722 and save a few bux.This is one big reason we still haven't upgraded to the hopper.Skip forward works very well on the vip receivers,plus it's cheaper.
And suit yourself. I, on the other hand, would never go back to a 722, regardless of Autohop. Most of my recordings are not network anyway. It's whatever floats your boat, right?

Although I've never used this feature as I don't have dish, it does sound pretty cool. The 3 day delay wouldn't bother me personally as I purposely stay behind 3+ shows so that when I do watch I can keep going if the last ep leaves off at a cliffhanger. Hell I've still got 17 Criminal Minds to watch from this past season.

Reactions: Elkview
I did a double check with my abc and still regular Autohop without the three day at this time

Well at least the affiliates are still next day autohopping, but I wonder if they will after the next contract negotiation?

It would be funny if they autohopped the national ads next day but the local ones were not....

The non o and o stations negoiate their own contracts, after dish reached deal with disney, I'm sure the non o and o will try to get a deal similar to disney, once the old contracts expire.

I'm wondering if the affiliates even care about the auto hop feature that much. I think this was more a money grab for the networks who force the issue with lawsuits.

I'm wondering if the affiliates even care about the auto hop feature that much. I think this was more a money grab for the networks who force the issue with lawsuits.
I'm sure they do, you know they want their ads to be seen, or at least they can claim they are seen.Now that dish reached an agreement with disney, is working on one with nbc, these local affiliates will have a precedent to follow when contract renewal comes up.Guarantee they will try to get the same 3 day waiting period.

I did a double check with my abc and still regular Autohop without the three day at this time

Same here and I would prefer to keep it that way for as long as possible. (Pittsburgh PA Dma)

From wikipedia, ABC owned markets: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABC_Owned_Television_Stations

Market Rank & City of license/MarketStationChannel
TV / DTOwned sinceOwned by at merger
1. New York CityWABC-TV7 / 71948ABC
2. Los AngelesKABC-TV7 / 71949ABC
3. ChicagoWLS-TV7 / 441948ABC
4. PhiladelphiaWPVI-TV6 / 61986CCC
6. San Francisco - Oakland - San JoseKGO-TV7 / 71949ABC
10. HoustonKTRK-TV13 / 131986CCC
24. Durham - Raleigh - FayettevilleWTVD11 / 111986CCC
55. Fresno, CaliforniaKFSN-TV30 / 301986CCC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)