NBC ANNOUNCES SERIES PREMIERE DATES FOR FALL 2011 SCHEDULE

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – July 6, 2011 – NBC announced today the premieres of its new Fall 2011 primetime schedule beginning Tuesday, September 13 with new episodes of “Parenthood” -- following the final performance episode of “America’s Got Talent” -- and continuing the week of September 19 with the Monday debuts of “The Sing-Off” and new drama “The Playboy Club” on that date

On Wednesday, September 14, the new comedies “Up All Night” (10-10:30 p.m. ET) and “Free Agents” (10:30-11 p.m. ET) will debut out of their respective time periods following the season finale of “America’s Got Talent.” Both series also will premiere in their regular time periods with their second original episodes on Wednesday, September 21 (8-8:30 p.m. ET and 8:30-9 p.m. ET, respectively).

The debuts also include the network’s other highly anticipated new series -- “Prime Suspect,” “Whitney” and “Grimm” -- that will continue through October 21 when NBC rolls out its Friday-night lineup that includes “Grimm” (9-10 p.m. ET).

In addition, the start of the regular season of “Sunday Night Football” will debut on Thursday, September 8 and resume on its regular night on Sunday, September 11 (8-11:30 p.m. ET). “Football Night in America” premieres during the regular season on Sunday, September 11 (7-8 p.m. ET).

Source & More: NBCU Press Release

I intend on pretty much setting timers for all the new shows. But, likely I will not watch most of them until I see if they are going to be cancelled or not.

Only 2 of the new ones hold interest, Grimm and Prime Suspect. The downside of Grimm is it starts so late...

The others I'll put in timers since I have enough tuners so conflicts aren't an issue, but I suspect most will get a 1 or 2 show viewing only. And because I can pick the winners so well, all the ones I like the best will get cancelled since I'm too damned old to be allowed an opinion... :)

Watched the premier of Up All Night a bit ago. Unless episode #2 is much better, this will be a dead timer in a hurry.

It wasn't horrible, it just wasn't funny most of the time. I hate that as I really like Christina Applegate even though she never really is in any great/very good movies and darned few good shows.

As expected the The Sing-Off and The Playboy Club premiered with dismal numbers (5.3 million and 5 million viewers), and The Parenthood trailed far behind in last with 5.3 million watching. Yep, and The Biggest Loser and Law & Order: SVU are also not faring well. I have Prime Suspect schedule to record this evening (Grimm later in October) so I'm hoping they have at least one new show worth watching.

i wonder if the svu drop is due to stabler not coming back.im wondering if he will be back mid-season...hmmm :) benson and stabler made a great team :)

I am going to give Whitney a shot. Another show that I looked at on NBC's website is Awake. It seems to be one of the more interesting shows to debut in my opinion.

It is about this guy that does not know if he is dreaming or not. It is as if he is living two lives and he does not know which one is real and which one is a dream. When he "goes to sleep" he will go to his other "life". This man was in a car wreck involving his wife and his son. In one his son is alive and the other his wife is alive. At his job he has two different cases and in one this boy is missing and the other he is not. Very intriguing and a very good idea. I hope this show does well.

i wonder if the svu drop is due to stabler not coming back.im wondering if he will be back mid-season...hmmm :) benson and stabler made a great team :)

We just started watching the show 2-3 years ago. I got burned-out on the show, but my wife still watches it along with older episodes (new to her) on cable. The ratings have been the down the past couple seasons and I don't see this show lasting much longer without Stabler, and Benson only appearing in about half of this seasons episodes. Of course, 7 million viewers on NBC is a hit show! NBC must be trying to drastically cut expenses. To be honest, I don't see Christopher Meloni (Stabler) being able to do as well as he has on this show. Perhaps we'll see him back mid-season.

I checked-out Prime Suspect. Well, it's just like every other cop show but only NBC'ed. For example, I don't image Detectives and their Captain drink burbon in the office on a routine basis; and it's far to overboard to be believable.

dfergie said:
Gave Whitney a look last night, she should have taken the brunette part in 2 Broke Girls ...

Whitney was our first dvr casualty of the season

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Though I am liking prime suspect, Its grown on me. Hopefully it sticks

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts