NBC Boston

Cragmyre

Original poster
Jul 12, 2006
Hello all!

I probably should have created a "Hello world" post as my first post, but I didn't. I am very new to Dish. Just got it about a week (or so) ago. I love it so far though. I was having a lot of problems with my HD on Cable, so this is a very nice change.

My only problem (knock on wood) is that the audio on the NBC HD for Boston is either out of sync, or warbly. Not sure how to describe it.

I plan on writing to that email address that I saw floating within other threads (need to search for it again), but before I did, I wanted to find out if any other people using Boston local HD has noticed the problem.

Also, if someone could give me a better way of describing the issue as opposed to saying it is warbly, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!!
-- Cragmyre

Thanks for the welcome :)

I have tried hitting the back button, though I don't know what a power button reboot is. I do use the power button at night, but that is about it. The other locals seem to be ok, but NBC is definitely noticeable (thankfully ABC is fine so I will be able to watch Lost come this fall :D )

I've got the same problem here too. Popped up with WHDH-D a few weeks ago. I had thought it was the recordings that were screwed up, but then noticed it the same way live as well. All other channels are fine.

-Mike

:( The syncing seems to be getting worse. I'm trying to find the email address to send for quality issues. I will keep looking, but was wondering if anyone knew it off the top of their head? Thanks

Not sure if this is the one, but ceo@dishnetwork.com usually gets a quick response.
That might be just for orders though...

Have you tried pausing the show for 10 seconds, then watching it slightly "buffered"?
I use to have occasion sync issues with Boston locals and that seemed to help.
I don't watch NBC much, maybe I'll flip over to it later tonight for a few minutes (when there's HD programming) and check it out...

OK, I took one for the team and tolerated a few minutes of Jay Leno (lol) to check out NBC (channel 7 here in Boston). Audio seemed ever so slightly out of sync compared to Letterman over at CBS (channel 4), which was perfect (and more entertaining).

Nothing I would describe as "warbly", just a tiny bit out of sync on NBC. Pausing it for 10 seconds didn't seem to help.

there is known issue in some markets with MP4 encoding causing studdering, pops, clicks, sync issues. ETA and resolution is unknown.
Per Advanced Support.

Thas what I was told 2 days ago. Got 40 off my bill.

topcats69 said:
there is known issue in some markets with MP4 encoding causing studdering, pops, clicks, sync issues. ETA and resolution is unknown.
Per Advanced Support.

Thas what I was told 2 days ago. Got 40 off my bill.
you shouldn't believe everything your told.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts