NBC changes channels as we move around the country

tpinck

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Now that we no longer have all american direct, we have to change our service address each new stop.:( The problem is that we record programs that are on NBC, CBS and FOX, and with each new area these appear on a different channel. I then have to go through the shows we record and change them to the new channel. IE: for the past few weeks NBC has been on 006 now it is on 040. Having to do this on top of calling to change service address waiting a while for it not to work and calling a second time to get the authorization code sent, is a real pain.

Could I use the DISH Pass function to find the new channel, but only record new episodes?

You could stay home if it is too much of a problem. As long as you are changing DMAs you will need to keep changing the authorization and channels. It is part of the mobile experience.

Thanks Boba, staying at home is not an option as we do not have a HOME. The real question was "Can DISK Pass be used to setup these recordings and only record new episodes." The information I have found talks about recording ALL episodes on any channel, not what I would want if there is a better way.

PTAT takes care of any recordings during the Prime Time period. I switched my non-Prime Time recordings to Dish Pass so be channel insensitive.

Do you find it takes a day though for the receiver to initiated PTAT after changing the network channels?

I'm going to guess that the use of the term "Dish Pass" means he doesn't have a Hopper system.

I use Dish Pass for almost all my timers, whether it's all channels or a single channel. It's just more flexible and reliable.

Thank you all for the inputs. No I don't have a hopper although they keep telling me I can get one for free, of course a new 2 year contract. I currently have the VIP722 DVR system and am not sure what the actual advantage would be going to a hopper. We are full time rvers. Lately I have been having issues with getting the 129 sat in, last 3 stops no 129 although we have and had clear shots to the sats.

I currently have the VIP722 DVR system and am not sure what the actual advantage would be going to a hopper.

Three tuners instead of two, with PTAT taking up one (leaving you two), and most likely fixing the issue you are now having. Its a fantastic DVR

Thanks, do I read this right? the PTAT records everything during prime time or only what you want to record?

Ok another question sorry I am being a little thick. I tried to use Dish Pass to record the NBC Nightly News and it selected channel 015 which is a OTA channel that is not active. OTA antenna is disconnected. Why are these showing up if the scan locals show 0 local channels? Do I need to remove the OTA module to make them go away?

Thanks, do I read this right? the PTAT records everything during prime time or only what you want to record?

You can have all the networks (broadcast), or pick the ones you want out of the broadcasts (only).

Personally id set it to all. I found alot of programs to watch that I wouldn't have otherwise when I had one.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

I tried to use Dish Pass to record the NBC Nightly News and it selected channel 015 which is a OTA channel that is not active.
OTA channels are active until you deactivate them from the OTA menu. Hit the Select All button and then hit the Delete button.

the PTAT records everything during prime time or only what you want to record?
To be much more specific and a lot less nebulous, PTAT records the satellite feeds of whatever Big Four network channels (ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC) you're currently subscribed to during prime time. It does this using a single satellite tuner. This doesn't capture programs outside of the Prime Time window so it isn't going to record the local or national news broadcasts.

I think I have got it now, have to think about it for a bit. Thanks

Actually, and its been a year, but if I'm not mistaken, even though Prime Time Anytime only automatically comes on during prime time, can't you manually record all four at one time yourself using only one tuner?

I may be remembering this wrong, and started to not mention it as to nor confuse the op.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)