NBC Chicago Sports RSN

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Meanwhile the Blackhawks start Friday, and nothing in regards to renewing the contract. Sports Chicago, Big Ten, FS1 and FS2?
Is Dish going to renew things, or are they gone for good? Seems Charlie stated if the channels are gone for a month, people that haven't left by then will stick around...

Come on Dish.
If you are a big Blackhawks fan and have at least a 10mb DSL connection you might want to consider NHL.TV or Center ICE, Iowa should be outside the Blackhawks home territory and you wouldn't need to worry about blackouts. You can check out the blackout situation by clicking on subscribe and scrolling down to enter your zip code. I use NHL.TV from Colorado and get all the games except when they play the Avalanche.

Subscribe

So what RSNs are left on Dish?

NBCSN Bay Area, NBCSN California, NBCSN Washington and ironically enough AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh and AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain. Did I miss anyone?

Reactions: pattykay
If you are a big Blackhawks fan and have at least a 10mb DSL connection you might want to consider NHL.TV or Center ICE, Iowa should be outside the Blackhawks home territory and you wouldn't need to worry about blackouts. You can check out the blackout situation by clicking on subscribe and scrolling down to enter your zip code. I use NHL.TV from Colorado and get all the games except when they play the Avalanche.

Subscribe

Nope.. Blackhawks, Blues and Wild are blacked out where I'm located. :)

So what RSNs are left on Dish?

NBCSN Bay Area, NBCSN California, NBCSN Washington and ironically enough AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh and AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain. Did I miss anyone?
You missed my post. ;)
MASN1 and 2.
...and both of you missed NESN and Root Northwest.

I think that subscribers in Northern California (NBSCA and NBSBA), Rocky Mountains (ATTRM), Washington DC (NBSWA), Pacific Northwest (RTNW), Pittsburgh (ATTPT), Mid-Atlantic (MASN and MASN2), and New England (NESN) regions had better enjoy their RSN's on Dish while they last. The trend lately seems to be to remove RSN's, not bring them back or add any. :( (ACCN was an exception to the rule, and Dish quickly offset that by losing Big Ten. So much for those ads where Dish claimed to have "every major D1 college football game.")
The sad part is that it is now easier to name the few regions that still have their RSN on Dish than it is to name the regions that are missing their RSN's. Combining Washington DC and Mid-Atlantic from my above list into the same region, that leaves only six regions of the country that still have at least one RSN on Dish. Many of those regions also have additional RSN's that are either currently in dispute with Dish, or haven't been carried by Dish in years, or were never carried by Dish in the first place.

The sad part is that it is now easier to name the few regions that still have their RSN on Dish than it is to name the regions that are missing their RSN's. Combining Washington DC and Mid-Atlantic from my above list into the same region, that leaves only six regions of the country that still have at least one RSN on Dish. Many of those regions also have additional RSN's that are either currently in dispute with Dish, or haven't been carried by Dish in years, or were never carried by Dish in the first place.

Yet, if someone subscribes to something like AT120+ or a package above, now most of the country is paying the same rate as someone who has an RSN...

Reactions: pattykay
Yet, if someone subscribes to something like AT120+ or a package above, now most of the country is paying the same rate as someone who has an RSN...
My point exactly. At the very least, Dish should guarantee no price increase for those packages next year. Ideally, the price of those packages would actually decrease, and then the regions that still have an RSN would get hit with a surcharge, bringing the bill back up to the regular price for them.

Reactions: zippyfrog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts