NBC DVB-S2 Feeds on AMC1 Ku

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Scott,
I'm getting 11880 and 12000 fine in Michigan. Nothing on 11840, though, but I believe they all have the same programming.
One thing you should note,
DVB-S2 8psk
Pilot 0 is ON for the AZbox , Pilot 1 is OFF
Figure that out, will you!
:)

Nope nothing here. :(

Something is strange with my setup. But I also have the BSC621 LNB back up on the dish, and that is going to be swapped out this week with the new C / KU LNB from WSI, which hopefully takes care of these issues.

I can see the Pentagon channel fine, plus all of the other MS channels on this bird, but can not get a lock on the NBC's.

Below are pictures of my settings on the AZBOX.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 261
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 184
So you're saying that a motorized dish wouldn't take care of the skew on AMC1 @ 103°W?
Correct, it would not give you optimal signal for the Ku part of that Sat.
C Band on AMC1 has a normal skew.
On my motorized dish, with properly set skew, I get most, but not all Ku TPs on AMC1.

some of the stronger TP's come in like Pentagon (12100) and the classical channel (12145) will come in (at a lower quality) but all the NBC feeds on there you have to have the skew properly done to get them

I think it has to do with location too....because down here in LA I get them on my 1m dish, my BV, and my Paraclipse with NO adjustments to skew at all, and the NBC's are actually stronger than the Pentagon channels are. Only on the rare feed on that sat have I had to adjust the skew, and I think that was only one time....:confused:

When I tune those S2 signals, the signal strength is good, but the quality sort of rolls between very good and zero, a slow roll, where it will stay good for several seconds, then go to zero for a few seconds, slowly up, slowly down, up, down. I can receive most of the regular DVB-S transponders with the non-adjustable lnbf, but these S2 signals are severely affected by the skew.

Yup I am able to get some quality reading on it now of 52% however like you it keeps going to 0 then comes back on again.

I am so close.

I think it has to do with location too....because down here in LA I get them on my 1m dish, my BV, and my Paraclipse with NO adjustments to skew at all, and the NBC's are actually stronger than the Pentagon channels are. Only on the rare feed on that sat have I had to adjust the skew, and I think that was only one time....:confused:

I think you're right, Stogie. I get the 12000 mux just fine using straight USALS, but have to bump the dish to bring in 18800 . The others are simply not there for me on a 90cm dish. There are a lot of touchy little factors on the DVB-S2 streams, not the mention the known screwy skew of this bird.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)