NBC DVB-S2 Feeds on AMC1 Ku

Status
Please reply by conversation.
May also improve if the offset LNBF were aimed closer to the center of the dish. (Spacer at rear of LNBF?)

That's what I was trying to say, it needs to be straightened out somehow.

Also, the calculator at thelist.satelliteguys.us outputs the correct skew for 103W Ku, or at least it did the last time I checked.

Finally, SES was supposed to replace that satellite sometime this summer, but I haven't seen anybody say that the new satellite has started to move yet, so I don't know what's going on.

Finally, SES was supposed to replace that satellite sometime this summer, but I haven't seen anybody say that the new satellite has started to move yet, so I don't know what's going on.

Well SES-3 was supposed to replace it but, they decided that AMC-1 could go a few more years and moved SES-3 instead to 108.2° East.
So it looks like we will have to put up with the weird skew for a few more years. ;)
The details are in this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...elocates-satellite-meet-growing-customer.html

But go to post #20 in that thread.

The guy may or may not be a reliable source of information. It seems that they keep him in the dark about some things -- for example, he insisted that NASA wasn't going anywhere when the feed on 105 turned up.

Tnx Fat Air!!
I'll try from there.Waiting for some spare time now.In mean Time trying to get bigger dish and make a room on the same spot.
For now orange LNB is installed with wire ties and is good enough for non nbc transponders.Its tough adjusting skew that way.
I better wait for more appropriate way(better dish).Yes.I can see now that playing with 30" dish on 103 is like looking for needle in the heist
It may be OK on strong transponders of other birds.I thing I will use that dish for monitoring 61W traffic.Had that dish for couple of month there and Q was really good on that sat.
Thank You guys!!

But go to post #20 in that thread.

The guy may or may not be a reliable source of information. It seems that they keep him in the dark about some things -- for example, he insisted that NASA wasn't going anywhere when the feed on 105 turned up.

oops didn't realize you had posted in that thread. I just did a quick search last night, cause I knew that Scott had posted a thread months ago. I found that one and posted. After going back through it, I do remember now, that I had read your posts before. I agree that that guy is not all informed, or is blowing smoke. As far a SES-3 is concerned guess time will tell.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts