NBC Feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

steve99

Original poster
Jul 30, 2005
I hope this is a simple request. On what Sats can I find NBC Feeds?

On Ku band, Lyngsat shows AMC1, 103W to be your best bet . There is an NBC SD mux on AMC6 ( 72W) that is pretty much 24/7 , also. For 103W, and receiver that blindscans DVB-S2 would also be a good idea.
:)

I'd like to get that sat too but I think Lyngsat said a 1m dish wasn't big enough for my location,before they changed.

AMC6 Ku 72W
12053 V 6890
I'm watching it right now.
Been here quite a while.

NBC Network, not an affiliate? More to the point, even if it is a NBC network SD feed (which was supposed to have been halted), it is SD. HD is available on C-band and Ku-band, so why look at old SD?

NBC Network, not an affiliate? More to the point, even if it is a NBC network SD feed (which was supposed to have been halted), it is SD. HD is available on C-band and Ku-band, so why look at old SD?

It is NBC Network, not an affiliate like the two SD affiliates in Galaxy 16, people can watch most of NBC programming without comercials in the AMC6 channels; it is in SD but not everybody has HD like you and me and a small portion of FTA enthusiasts, how much % do you like? 15%? 20%?, that leaves us with say 80% SD only, there is even a smaller portion with DVB-S2 capabilities. That's a reason people been watching teh SD mux since a few years ago.

I do not know when it was supposed to be halted their broadcasts but i find it hard to believe enemy number one of broadcasters did not know of the 4 channel mux that has been there before they began their tests with HD.

Of course NBC HD feeds are the ones that could end up halted or encrypted once they notice how many of their HD broadcasts end up being "underground" distributed by a certain somebody familiar with FTA+piracy (i hear it is a small group of people doing the work, and i also hear some of 'em like IRC a lot), releasing stuff DIVX/AVC encoded before the shows air in the easternmost location or just a bit after it was transmited (that was what gave them away and once broadcasters halted the HD unencrypted feeds, those releases took longer to appear in the internet because now they need to grab it directly OTA, except for the NBC HD content which sometimes airs before it's broadcasted OTA, something relatively easy to check if one knows where to look for that info).

"Mux" is short for multiplex . Multiplexing is the term for combining two or more signals into a single signal , so that they can be transmitted in the same datastream. The combining methods used to be time-domain-multiplexing, and frequency-domain-multiplexing ( or a combination of the two) . The datastream is then de-multiplexed by the receiver into the seperate channels. We call any transponder that has multiple channels in its datastream a MUX, for wont of a better term. Pronounced "MUCKS", as you might think.
Episode 1 of "Brentopedia" . Accuracy is not guaranteed, nor is spelling.

Yes, I consider any transponder with more than 1 channel to be a mux. Muxes can be simple DVB-S or they can be DVB-S2, or DG-II , or whatever. The modulation scheme is separate from the multiplexing.

Having C band only I use

105 AMC 18 (W5)
3780 H 30000
5/6 8PSK DVB-S2
Tp 4 NBC Pilot On
H.264 Video, MP2 Audio

There are 4 HD feeds, 1 for each time zone. The 5th feed is Universal Sports SD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts