NBC Feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Last night while watching The Event, I decided to compare the quality of the NBC mux on 72 W to my SD Dish Network Local. I was surprised at how much better the picture quality was on 72W. In comparison, the Dish channel had a fuzzy quality to it, and was in 4:3 format. I like the fact that the feed on 72W is widescreen. I then compared the picture on 72W to HD, and while not near as sharp it was still pretty darn good.

I've compared the 105 C band mux to my local digital OTA and the C-Band looks better. Bad thing is no 5.1 audio via C-Band unless you have a way to tuning all the audio PID's at the same time then sending them to the right channels on the 5.1 receiver.

Last night while watching The Event, I decided to compare the quality of the NBC mux on 72 W to my SD Dish Network Local. I was surprised at how much better the picture quality was on 72W. In comparison, the Dish channel had a fuzzy quality to it, and was in 4:3 format. I like the fact that the feed on 72W is widescreen. I then compared the picture on 72W to HD, and while not near as sharp it was still pretty darn good.

I agree with the quality of the picture. Mostly , SD on FTA is better than the same thing on Dish or DirectV . That's why I watch my DirectV sub only as a last resort . :)
The FTA feeds, especially with SR over 6000, generally look really nice. STO SD on 121W is a fine example of good looking SD also.
:)

I agree with the quality of the picture. Mostly , SD on FTA is better than the same thing on Dish or DirectV . That's why I watch my DirectV sub only as a last resort . :)
The FTA feeds, especially with SR over 6000, generally look really nice. STO SD on 121W is a fine example of good looking SD also.
:)

You are aware there is STO HD up there too right?

Of course NBC HD feeds are the ones that could end up halted or encrypted once they notice how many of their HD broadcasts end up being "underground" distributed by a certain somebody familiar with FTA+piracy (i hear it is a small group of people doing the work, and i also hear some of 'em like IRC a lot), releasing stuff DIVX/AVC encoded before the shows air in the easternmost location or just a bit after it was transmited (that was what gave them away and once broadcasters halted the HD unencrypted feeds, those releases took longer to appear in the internet because now they need to grab it directly OTA, except for the NBC HD content which sometimes airs before it's broadcasted OTA, something relatively easy to check if one knows where to look for that info).

I fully believe NBC would consider encrypting their HD feeds although whats the point? Other than some random live footage between commericals or seeing Meredith Vieira chatter with the cameraman, most of which is the audio is turned off, what would be the point of encrypting? As you've already stated, all of these shows are readily available OTA and can easily be recorded with a 75 dollar (or less) PCI card. I'm not in anyway condoning the redistribution of copyrighted material, nor do I really understand why anyone would go thru the effort to do so for content which is already free, but removing (encrypting) the FTA HD feeds will have no effect on unauthorized redistribution. Maybe you can explain how you "hear it is a small group of people doing the work" or how you hear that, "some of 'em like IRC a lot," as it sure sounds like you know quite a bit for someone not involved.

I get 83 good on a75E (26x36")SC dish.Should I be able to use same for 72.I tried unsuccessfully last year to get and I thought someone said it was a weak sat.I'd like to know what to expect.Thanks

I'm in California and I have a 36" channel master locked on 72W almost 100% of the time for those MUX's. It is always a solid strong quality except when I have thick rain clouds to my East, as that satellite is really low on my horizon.

72w Ku is strong in theory, but you can't prove convince me that it isn't also variable. The C-band side has known reliability issues, that's why NASA moved off of it.

72w Ku is strong in theory, but you can't prove convince me that it isn't also variable.

I imagine that like all sat footprints, 72W has hot spots and cold spots. I just know that on my 31 in dish, the NBC mux is the last to go in heavy rain or snow. Sometimes it even outlasts my Dish Network channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)