NBC - Giants/Dallas, terrible PQ?

same here

NBC sports all look worse than any other network. I am watching the game now and the game itself looks like crap "Pixilation and fuzzy" but the comercials all look good, the golf today looked fuzzy and had ghosting. I have 3 sources for HD and it is always the same from NBC. It has to be a problem from NBC because if you watch the same games or golf on NFL HD or Golf on the UNIHD the picture is great. Also when I watch the tonight show it has some of the same pixilation on quick pans showing the band. In other words "NBC HD SUCKS":mad:

There was some blocking in the faster motion in the game tonight watching it OTA from Little Rock, Arkansas on KARK. If there is a consensus that CBS looks better though, it must be the local affiliate here (KTHV with one low bit rate sub-channel) because football on CBS here is VERY blocky and worse than NBC-that is when Little Rock actually gets an HD game from CBS (I'm in NFL Hell down here). When they are airing SD, KTHV uses gray side bars that makes the game look like it's being played in a box-very distracting and looks crappy if I zoom in to avoid the bars.

Fox games always look and sound great though.:up

I watched the game OTA on WBAL from Baltimore. PQ was good but not excellent. The CBS and FOX games earlier in the day were excellent. The NBC feed was not as sharp as the others. I experienced none of the problems reported by others. It must be local issues causing those problems. I could also pick the game up from 2 Philly stations OTA and the PQ was the same.

I was watching the Giants and Cowboys last night. I flipped over to look at the CFL game on WOR Sport and the CFL game looked a lot better than the NBC hd. NBC hd was bad when I was with Chater and is still bad. NBC has alot of work to do.

Wow. I was just about to start a thread about the amazing picture quality of this game (and pre-game).

I'm watching KXAS (out of Dallas/Ft. Worth). This is without a doubt the best HD picture I've seen anywhere. It surpasses ESPN, CBS, ABC, and FOX. I'm seeing a truly flawless picture. I even walked up the screen (within 2') to look at the faces in the crowd. I've only seen this quality on my XBOX 360 and HD DVD add on.

Also, I cannot discern between OTA and Dish provided HD LiL on this broadcast. As I type this (during the half-time show), I'm switching between Dish HD LiL & OTA. I absolutely can't see a difference. They're both incredible.

That's why I'm on here right now! I watched the Giants/Cowboys game last night with my mouth hanging open! Wow! The PQ on my Dish LiL channel was stunning! That's the way Football is supposed to look! I'm in Northern Virginia and was very pleased with the PQ last night and please note, I watch on a 92 inch screen so I know when i'm looking at a great picture. i was tempted to record and save just to show my friends what great HD can look like!

Sorry to hear that so many others had a bad view - my game was a sight to behold! Now if Dallas could fix that defense...

NBC in medford Oregon looked great via ota!!!! Last year didn't look good but this game looked great!! no sub channels!! Also Fox looked great but cbs has went down hill here two sub channels.. eww

NBC sports all look worse than any other network. I am watching the game now and the game itself looks like crap "Pixilation and fuzzy" but the comercials all look good, the golf today looked fuzzy and had ghosting. I have 3 sources for HD and it is always the same from NBC. It has to be a problem from NBC because if you watch the same games or golf on NFL HD or Golf on the UNIHD the picture is great. Also when I watch the tonight show it has some of the same pixilation on quick pans showing the band. In other words "NBC HD SUCKS":mad:
watching a little bit of the replay of the fedex golf from the other day rebroadcast on unihd and it has the same ghosting and fuzzyness, So it is definitly the NBC feed from these sporting events that sucks. I have a recording from the other day to compare.

sucked in Madison OTA. Any motion looks like squares jumping anywhere. when no one moves it is ok....maybe I need to watch it in sssssllllooooowwwwww- mmmmoooo

Dishcomm Question

Vip622 Tuner 1full signal, tuner 2 no signal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)