NBC-HD: Hawaii : Cops 'n' Robbers 9/8 at 8pm EST

HD all the way through here, except for the annoying news brief about Kobe. Picture looked good most of the time, but VERY pixellated during motion (car chase scene in the beginning in particular).

Not a bad show.

In Detroit, the HD switch didn't get flipped until about four minutes into the program. Not a bad show, but I think I like North Shore better.

I checked the program several times during the hour. Local Los Angeles affiliate never flipped the HD switch, it was 480i during the entire show. This is typical for this station.

Was the show good? I thought it was a fluff show, not like CSI. But I was busy boarding up the house...

Nothing great. If there is something better that comes along in the same time frame it would not bother me to miss it. YMMV

In Seattle, they didn't flip to true HD until 3/4 the way through

Ok show, but after this & the Olympics, I'm thinking that NBC are as dumb about HD technology as the folks at FOX are.

-F

I'm glad I went out drinking with a couple of ladies last night since Portland Frilled up again, no HD for us, I'll have to try again Friday. Same with Father of the Pride, they totally hosed the show, it was 1/2 HD, 1/2 SD.

Here in Denver to intro was in HD but there was no center channel. At least no vocals. After it came back it was not in HD for the rest of the show but the sound was ok. I think KUSA had problems with the audio & HD.

Hawaii vs. North Shore

For what it's worth, in my opinion "Hawaii" wins the battle betwen the two Hawaii-based shows (kinda cool that they're on back-to-back for easy comparison). PQ is definitely better than "North Shore". And I like the story better, too -- it's a little more classic cops-n-robbers and a lot less Melrose Place-soap-opera-crap. Only thing North Shore has over Hawaii (and it's no little thing) is hotter - much hotter - chicks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)