NBC-HD: XXVIII Summer Olympics : Opening Ceremonies 9pm EST

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
It stars tonight. If you are watching it, can you tell us if you are watching it via OTA or via satellite on VOOM. Let it begin...

So the HD feed is delayed 1 hr? OTA ch was saying 8pm this morning. I'd rather wait the hr and watch the HD! :D

Oh boy is he lost :D

Anyways, I'll be watching it via Dish, there's also suppposed to be some 1 hr olympic recap starting at 8 so nott sure what thats about

I'm not sure it seems I am being cut out of the SD programming? I think my local OTA will be broadcasting in HD as well as the Voom channel 321? So I can't get the "live" primtime SD stuff?

Someone at AVSForum was posting that the Dish feed won't kick in until 1 AM. It will loop for 27 hours, so there's no hurry to watch the HD opening ceremonies.

Dish's coverage is delayed voom is live

dish's coverage comences at 10 pm pacific friday, on channel 9425. Voom's coverage kicks in at 5 pm pacific time, so aren't we better off. VCOM rocks. We are getting threee channels of coverage via retransmission so we don't need to rely on our OTA antennae. Voom is providing much better coverage. We are even getting an NBC sd feed on one of the three channels for free. The HD feed of the opening ceremony i just found out starts at 6 pm they are showing highlights of the Salt Lake Winter Olympics on 321 as of 5 pm for the next hour.

I am getting 321 in Santa MOnica and the NBC west coast feed from San Diego on 594 in SD, so not bad

this voom customer is blocked from viewing the extra channels.

Not Eligible for High Definition Olympic Service

Not Eligible for Standard Definition Olympic Service

Call sign

Is NBC OO?
WOAI No

I Got An Email From VOOM Saying I Won't Get 321 Or The Two SD Channels Because My Local NBC (KGW in PDX OR) Will Be Broadcasting It In HD.

FYI

and great looks like my local nbc HD feed is screwed, anyone have a clue why my local nbc in san antonio shows this?

is nbc sending the Olympis sending the signal from NY?

Attachments

• mych4.jpg
    mych4.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 236
None of the DBS providers are starting until 1 AM EST. This is probably because the time zone conflict with the west coast people, which sucks, but oh well. I wish they could just blackout the west coast folks until the 1 AM showing instead

It looks like I can see 321 NBC HD

Few days ago I called VOOM and asked representative if I will be receiving
Olympic HD feed on 321. She said that I will not be receiving this channel because I can get OTA NBC HD coverage. I explained to her that I'm not getting a single OTA channel because of the surrounding hills, but she replied that they don't have control over it as it was NBC's decision. But now 5.10 plm PST, 50 minutes before start of taped Opening Ceremonies I can see Olympic recap programm on 321, hopefully I will be able to see the opening too.

HD OTA here in Lubbock. 5.1 However, right now it is just a replay of figure skating :confused: . Yeah for Sarah Hughes!!! :rolleyes:

I'm in the Washington DC O&O DMA. HD channels 4.1 (OTA) and 321 (VOOM) look and sound identical, but SD channels 593 & 594 are offline. Hmmm. I read this Forum, received the VOOM e-mail and even received a cryptic letter in the mail today regarding VOOM/NBC coverage of the Olympics this month...still don't understand what's going on. :confused: It looks like I picked the wrong day to quit drinking coffee!!!

Is channel 321 a direct feed from NBC or is it a remap of my local O&O station?

Anyway, I'll just go with the program and figure things out as I flip between the stations....while I make a pot of coffee! :yes

Don't Panic they are showing coverage on MSNBC, Bravo, CNBC

All you guys that are freaking out about coverage, check out www.nbc.com and go to Olympic page. Majority of coverage will be on MSNBC, Bravo, CNBC, as well at NBC local channel. So you can still watch live coverage of like say rowing, tonite on MSNBC at 1 pm pacific. They are showing al lot of games and events on NBC sister channels. Also if you have an antennae your local NBC station will be broadcasting NBC digital, so you don't have to get the signal from voom. Happy viewing

Olympic sound on OTA vs. channel 321

Hi:
I am near NYC getting channel 4-1 OTA and the same HD broadcast on channel 321. Both channels are registering as dolby 5.1 on my receiver but channel 4-1 has no sound coming from the surround and rear channels. Channel 321 has sound in all channels. Can someone in NY/NJ/CT confirm this?
Thanks,
Joseph

Couldn't wait for the HD version... watching the Opening Ceremony on SD sub-channel now... Great show so far! Hate commercial breaks though...

jnardone said:
Hi:
I am near NYC getting channel 4-1 OTA and the same HD broadcast on channel 321. Both channels are registering as dolby 5.1 on my receiver but channel 4-1 has no sound coming from the surround and rear channels. Channel 321 has sound in all channels. Can someone in NY/NJ/CT confirm this?
Thanks,
Joseph

The same is ver low on 4-1 but it is coming from all speakers 5.1.

What am I watching on channel 321?

Is this the Winter Olympics we are watching? Lots of Ice Skating and all the athletes all are winter athletes.

Ahh never mind I just figured it out. That was just a warm up. :) Now the Athens opening is on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)