Nbc Hd?

I believe that depends on negotiations with your local NBC station. They have my local NBC station in HD, as well as in other areas.

I'm in the tricities market and I do use the ota but signal it's kinda poor since I'm using an indoor antenna because of Home owners association would probably pitch a fit If I have a large external antenna and I am not putting one on the roof :(

It is broadcasted via ota as HD though if that matters.

Thanks everyone

I'm in the tricities market and I do use the ota but signal it's kinda poor since I'm using an indoor antenna because of Home owners association would probably pitch a fit If I have a large external antenna and I am not putting one on the roof :(

Thanks everyone

Still do not have any idea where you are located. Someone may have info for you reguarding why you don't have the NBC if we knew that.

We still really don't know where you are. According to this Wikipedia page, there are several areas in the U.S. that call themselves the "tri-cities".

Thanks everyone

I never even heard of TriCities... Heavent a clue what that is. Raleigh_Durham area called "The Traingle".. but havent heard that called tri-cities.

Thanks everyone
JMan, do you have access to an attic? You can put a great outdoor antenna in your attic and get a much better signal. You could also hang a good bowtie antenna in your home and call it modern art! Don't give up, a good OTA signal is still possible.

Sorry guys I'm in 37660 zip code. Here is some info off of AntennaWeb.org
blue - vhf WCYB 5 NBC BRISTOL VA 110° 29.8 5

We're in the top 100 for tv markets listing (91) if that makes a difference as to when dish may carry it.

Also No Attic :(

Thanks again.

Sorry guys I'm in 37660 zip code. Here is some info off of AntennaWeb.org
blue - vhf WCYB 5 NBC BRISTOL VA 110° 29.8 5

We're in the top 100 for tv markets listing (91) if that makes a difference as to when dish may carry it.

Also No Attic :(

Thanks again.

Ah, ok your NBC HD channel is 5.1, VHF - your indoor antenna is probably for UHF only or a very poor vhf antenna.

Is your indoor antenna amplified and does it have rabbit ears?

Thanks everyone

They can't keep you from putting up an antenna.

It is UHF and VHF and does have amplification. I usually get a signal from 61 to 68 though getting 68 is rare. I get av stuttering when it drops below 60.

Thanks for the heads up on the antenna :)

It is UHF and VHF and does have amplification. I usually get a signal from 61 to 68 though getting 68 is rare. I get av stuttering when it drops below 60.

Thanks for the heads up on the antenna :)

Doing a little more research on it, looks like the digital station is assigned to uhf 28... sorry about the vhf misdirect.

The tower is on Holston Mountain. Do you know where that is?

I can see why the signal is lower, they are only broadcasting at 182KW. You just might need that modern art I was telling you about.

Just put a quilt/tapestry/throw hanging in front of it and nobody will know!

My brother-in-law has the same problem in his area of Virginia. One channel is just at the line of reception-no reception. He can put up an antenna though so he is fixing that problem now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)