NBC Metallic Sound

NABRIL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
VIp 622 running in single mode, with audio setup for Dolby/DCM, and listening through TV's ownspeakers (HDMI). During last night's opening ceremonies, and during other NBC shows (local channel in Miami), the sound suddenly becomes very high pitched and metallic sounding. No bass, and makes u reach for MUTE button immediately.

For now, it appears to happen only when watching recorded programs.

Anyone else with this?

N

I'm getting the same exact noise only from NBC. I just got a new TV and I assumed it was the TV but I also just signed up for Dish and they installed a VIP722. The 722 and 622 are identical except for color and drive size. I wonder now if the problem is the TV or the receiver.

I'm a Directv guy, but I saw this post and had to reply. I get miami local via Directv. Wife complained about this "tinny" noise. Ive experienced it as well. A quick flip to NBC4 New York showed that their audio was fine. Methinks this is an issue with NBC 6 WTVJ Miami and not DISH or DIRECTV.

mr Furley
Thanks for your valuable input. I agree and concur with your assesment.

I'm getting the same exact noise only from NBC. I just got a new TV and I assumed it was the TV but I also just signed up for Dish and they installed a VIP722. The 722 and 622 are identical except for color and drive size. I wonder now if the problem is the TV or the receiver.
Actually, the 722 also has a newer broadcom chipset also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts