Nbc mux from 72w now duplicated @101w

Status
Please reply by conversation.
sounds like you have a glitch in your switch because not showing here at 12052 V 6890 or any other place on 101W ;)

I'm not on 101 to check, but that wouldn't matter.
Don't know whether it was really duplicated or not, but they have duplicated that MUX before. For quite a while, they were duplicating it on SBS-6 at 74. I don't have any idea of why they did it, and can't remember how long, or whether it went on and off, but they definately had it on the other sat at times, so it wouldn't be the first time it's been duplicated.

I hope they don't decide to move it.. I have a fixed dish set up at 72 West to watch it. That bird at 72 west sure is quite the Thunderstick - a 24 inch dish gets me signal quality between 80 and 84%. 101 West is currently a much weaker bird.

Never mind! Never mind! Sorry guys. My bad.

I was checking a used pansat 2500 that a buddy of mine just got. I tested it with my setup and went on to blind scan all my sats.

I believe this receiver did not understand 0/22 khz. I have an ecoda switch and 72w on port #1 of 0khz and 101w is on port #1 on the 22khz side.

When I scanned 101 it scanned both ports #1 making me believe it was only 101 so I ended up with the Nbc mux on Amc4 (though it shows as 11052 v 6890). I kinda got excited thinking I would be able to add Nbc over at my Mom´s without adding another dish.

Sorry for the trouble guys. :eek:

Are the NBC sat mux's always up on 72W?

Scanned last night didn't see em. I suspect my alignment is now off or something :(

yes they are up on 72W...well the signal is...very strong too (mazes the meter)

sometimes they are just black screens

Hmm ok I remember seeing them my first few days...haven't seen them in over a week up there. Better make sure my mount is still plumb...

Need a more permanent mount than my current ghetto tripod held down by umbrella stands. :D

NBC-MUX on 72 W

4 channels of NBC-MUX on 72w?

can someone tell me what are those:

--wildfeeds ?(up/down)
--permanent station ID + some programs?

what's on: news, reports, etc...?

do I need anything beside an regular FTA receiver+30" dish+ linear LNb to receive it
with video and sound?

Thanks

They are four channels on a transponder that are on most of the time.

There is nothing consistent on them. Just some NBC Universal stuff. Sometimes black screens, sometimes a teleprompter feed, sometimes a news or weather feed, sometimes a NBC-U cable channel. Whatever.

Not sure if a 30 inch dish is enough, but if so, what you said is all you need.

NBC-MUX

sounds good, because as long as they stay on (transmit) with "something",
scanning channels won't be an issue
lyngsat shows12,052 V 6890 , the LIST shows 12,049 6890--I guess I have to try both

Thanks for info

Usually one of them is showing MSNBC, one of my favorites. This mux is a "flamethrower" -signal pretty much always pegged at 99%! :eek: -Probably due to the fact that I have a dedicated 1.2m Primestar on this bird. If my Dish Network service goes out in a storm, this mux drops to maybe 50-60% and I can still get my news! :D:up

They are four channels on a transponder that are on most of the time.

There is nothing consistent on them. Just some NBC Universal stuff. Sometimes black screens, sometimes a teleprompter feed, sometimes a news or weather feed, sometimes a NBC-U cable channel. Whatever.

Not sure if a 30 inch dish is enough, but if so, what you said is all you need.

I'm using a 30" fortec, a Sattracker II 0.2dB lnb & an old Coolsat 4000 for the nbc mux on 72W & the Q number is usually pegged at 97. Of course 72w IS only 9 degrees from due south for me so it's "high in the sky".

NBC-MUX @72

used a 30" dish with a CW600P , and got 53% up here in a frozen north
4xMSNBC channels and 2 religious channels
just in time, so I could watch on three channels the president's lame speech about how he is continue to do nothing about the oil spill in the gulf :sob:
looks like three channels are always live, the fourth one had text on it
I will leave 72w on a dedicated dish, so now I have 4 dishes pointed to 30w, 72w, 89w, (97w and 101w)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)