NBC Nabs Olympics Rights Through 2032

Sad to hear this... I am not a big fan of NBC's coverage, their time delays, their terrible announcers and them showing 45 minutes of stores about an athlete and only 15 minutes of real olympics each hour. I don't want the stories, I want the pure olympics.

Will Bob Costas make it to 2032? Will *I* make it to 2032?

Will Bob's eyes make it to 2032??

Bob-Costas-infected-eye-FB.jpg

Sad to hear this... I am not a big fan of NBC's coverage, their time delays, their terrible announcers and them showing 45 minutes of stores about an athlete and only 15 minutes of real olympics each hour. I don't want the stories, I want the pure olympics.

I can understand the time delays when the action is 12 hours out of phase with primetime. But, I too hate all the background stories.

You guys that keep talking about NBC's terrible olympics coverage probably never experienced the joy that was CBS's Olympics coverage.
I would give CBS a pass for the tech they had back then. There is no excuse for NBC to not broadcast everything live since they have 20 cable channels. Plus everything could be live streamed in real time (opening ceremonies).

I really wanted somebody else to get this. They need to change how they show the Olympics. More live stuff is a must.

I really wanted somebody else to get this. They need to change how they show the Olympics. More live stuff is a must.

Most of the audience works during the day, so saving the best for prime time makes the most sense to sell ad dollars.

No reason they can't show it live for those that want it and then encore at night.

Yeah, what he said.

I like this idea ....

NBC doesn't have anything they show that tops the ratings otherwise anyways, so it's not like your missing something by doing both Live and Primetime.

This day and age, people KNOW what happened before the Prime time happens anyways.

I agree. I just don't get how CBC's coverage can be so much better. NBC better get with it next time around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)