dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
NBC offers escape with new slate

Lineup heavy in fantasy, action series

By JOSEF ADALIAN

NBC's revamped 'Knight Rider' is one of several skeins for the 2008-09 sked that boasts a fantasy or action element.

With the economy going in the tank, NBC appears ready to bet that viewers are eager for a heavy dose of escapism -- and as few repeats as possible.

Full Article: NBC offers escape with new slate - Entertainment News, TV News, Media - Variety

"Repeats don't work anymore, but we have a finite amount of money to spend," he said. "We're trying to do some things that are cheaper so that we can have more original programming."
Shows returning to NBC next season include "ER," "The Office," "Chuck,""Life," "The Biggest Loser," "American Gladiators," "Deal or No Deal" and "My Name Is Earl." Also a safe bet to be back: "Medium," "30 Rock," at least one "Law & Order" skein and "Friday Night Lights." First-year drama "Lipstick Jungle" could also return.

Escapism, hogwash. Just when you get into a program on NBC, they throw in a pop up or something else to distract you from the program you are watching. I escaped from watching NBC programming. I don't.

No doubts that Heroes will be back... its got the ratings and popularity.

"Repeats don't work anymore, but we have a finite amount of money to spend," he said. "We're trying to do some things that are cheaper so that we can have more original programming."

Ugh... cheaper like Knight Rider? I'm guessing Ford practically paid for the whole series themselves, it being a 1 hour infomercial for them. I really hope thats not the way future programming will be decided.

Of course, perhaps old shows like Firefly could get endorsements from Chinese companies. The Chinese should have loved that show, as it pretty much depicts a future where their super power status is a given.

No, it didn't flop, although in my opinion it should have. Article specifically mentions its been given the greenlight and will probably appear on Fridays.

I thought they were going to do a series on Knight Rider after the movie? Did that flop?

They were thinking of doing a series this year, then they had the writers strike, so they decided to just do the movie and think about it for next year. Looks like they picked it up for next year.

I think its a huge mistake though. Don't they realize the TV movie only had good ratings because there was nothing else on to watch?

THE Question! Surely Herors will be back!

Yeah, I am sure. I think the story was about their new programming more then anything.

BTW, they are planning a spin-off of The Office. I have mixed feelings about that. While I laugh at The Office every week, I don't know that it can be easily replicated; and I think 22 minutes a week is just about enough.

Yeah, I am sure. I think the story was about their new programming more then anything.

BTW, they are planning a spin-off of The Office. I have mixed feelings about that. While I laugh at The Office every week, I don't know that it can be easily replicated; and I think 22 minutes a week is just about enough.

I hadn't heard about the spin of the Office. That all depends on the cast. If you get the right cast then it could be great just like the current version, but if not then it could easily suck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)