NBC Olympic Channel breaks on dish and Sling

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Joe Capitano

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2003
The news came down today that Sling is now carrying the NBC Olympic Channel (I know. The NBC part is not in the name, but anyway). Out of curiosity I looked in my guide to see if dish was also starting to carry it and LO! They are.

Olympic Channel, basically a marketing channel of the International Olympic Committee operated for them by NBC Universal in the USA for the American audience (us!), but offering a place for NBC Sports to place its Olympic sports overage (basically the stuff that was on the now-deceased NBC Universal Sports Network), is on dish Channel 389 (not sure which packages, but definitely AT250) and in the "blue" ($25/mo.) package on Sling. No, they likely won't have The Games themselves this winter, at least not live the day of. NBC has enough places to route that without causing much chaos.

Looks like I'll get my fill of downhill this winter for once.

The news came down today that Sling is now carrying the NBC Olympic Channel (I know. The NBC part is not in the name, but anyway). Out of curiosity I looked in my guide to see if dish was also starting to carry it and LO! They are.

Olympic Channel, basically a marketing channel of the International Olympic Committee operated for them by NBC Universal in the USA for the American audience (us!), but offering a place for NBC Sports to place its Olympic sports overage (basically the stuff that was on the now-deceased NBC Universal Sports Network), is on dish Channel 389 (not sure which packages, but definitely AT250) and in the "blue" ($25/mo.) package on Sling. No, they likely won't have The Games themselves this winter, at least not live the day of. NBC has enough places to route that without causing much chaos.

Looks like I'll get my fill of downhill this winter for once.
I love the idea, that there is a channel dedicated to the Olympic Games. The one negative of it is, the constant repeating of some of the shows. I have seen some telecasts, which were live, but most of the Olympic Trials will not be on this network, but on NBC Sports Network. Hopefully, the Olympic Channel will have more live sporting events, such as Swimming, Track/Field, Diving in the future. This will improve this Network vastly!!!! I am thinking, though, the Fina World Swimming Championships morning heats were live on the Olympic Channel!!!!

It's been there couple weeks at least.

Never noticed it until today. Not a peep from anyone - especially NBC & dish - that it was available on dish, and I know there was at lease some interest. Perhaps I missed something.

I The one negative of it is, the constant repeating of some of the shows. I have seen some telecasts, which were live, but most of the Olympic Trials will not be on this network, but on NBC Sports Network. ...

The trials should be on a network NBC distributes more widely, like NBCSN or NBC. As to the Games themselves, NBC/Comcast's spending countless millions for that, so they best make the most of it if they want to make that money back.

BTW: I found the original thread announcing this network had been picked up. Missed it when it was first posted. Sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)