NBC Olympics TV Experience App

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
STB Models Available at Launch: Hopper, Hopper 2, Hopper 3, Hopper Duo, Joey, Joey 2, Joey 3, Super Joey, 4k Joey

Launch Date: 07/23/2021

The NBC Olympics TV Experience is a rebrand from the DISH Multi-Channel View that airs on channel 151. The NBC Olympics TV Experience displays either four or six video windows, simultaneously allowing users to see special event coverage from multiple channels all in one place. Users can select audio from one channel while viewing all six and tune to a channel to full screen if desired. The channels displayed are dynamic and will be changed based on current schedule events airing Olympics content. The NBC Olympics TV Experience can be accessed at channel 151 in the EPG or through the “NBC Olympics TV Experience” section in the 2020 Olympics App (Hopper 3 receivers will tune to a 4-channel Picture-in-picture view when selecting this from the 2020 Olympics App).

The NBC Olympics TV Experience will have a changing color background and display some or all of the following channels:

• NBCSP
  • USA
  • CNBC
  • Olympics Channel
  • Golf

If a customer is not subscribed to one of the channels in the NBC Olympics TV Experience, audio and video will not be available for that channel. If the user selects the unavailable channel they will be presented with information on how to subscribe.

This is a 24x7 channel. It does not require an internet connection to work.

How to Access the App

1. Blue Button App Launch Bar (40.0 remote control)
  2. Apps Button App Launch Bar (50.0 and 52.0 remote control)
  3. Programmable Diamond Buttons (54.0 and 54.1 remote control)
  4. Menu > Apps
  5. Programming guide > Channel 151
  6. From The 2020 Olympics App on DISH

Tokyo 2020: The Olympics App​

STB Models Available: Hopper, Hopper 2, Hopper 3, Hopper Duo, Joey 1, Joey 2, Joey 3, Super Joey, 4K Joey, and Wally

Launch Date: 07/20/2021

DISH Subscribers will be able to actively experience the 2020 Tokyo Olympics through the 2020 Olympics App on DISH. This limited time Olympic programming will be available to DISH subscribers from 07/20/2021 through 08/15/2021.

The 2020 Olympics App will be accessible from a variety of locations on the receiver. Users can access the app via:

• Various voice commands
    • Including commands like “Olympics”, “Olympic Games”, “Tokyo Olympics”, “Tokyo 2020” and more
  • App launch bar
    • The Blue button on the 40.0 remote
    • The apps button on the 50.0 and 52.0 remotes
    • The programmable diamond keys on the 54.0 and 54.1 remotes
  • App page
  • Inside the Multi-Channel View on channel 151
  • Tuning to channel 146
  • From the guide at any of the national NBC channels with content
    • NBCSN, CNBC, USA, Golf, Olympic Channel
The app includes an up-to-the-minute Medal Count accessible from the top row of the app.

The TV schedule provides channel listings for Tokyo Summer Olympic Games and allows customers to find events that they want to watch, or set up recordings for events airing later.

Hopper 3 receivers can access a 4 channel PIP of NBC, NBCSN, USA, and Olympic Channel by selecting the NBC Olympics TV Experience option. Non-Hopper 3 receivers will be taken to the mosaic on channel 151.

Two 4K HDR channels will be available to customers watching on a Hopper 3 or a Joey 4K connected to a Hopper 3. The channels will be in the guide, or available at the top of the App

Users must have their system connected to the internet in order to use the application.

I have been playing with this app for a few weeks now and I think they did a great job with it. Of course I am sure it will be much better with real data in it as in the test it is all data from the last Olympics.

For 4K fans there will also be a lot of 4K highlights available through the app as well.

So since both 4K channels are in HDR and they are advertising it for the 4K Joey I am guessing they have figured out how to do HDR on the 4K Joey. (Which I was hoping would be the case since the Amazon Prime app on the 4K Joey does HDR)

Now we just need Netflix to up it support HDR on the 4K Joey. (Better yet I wish all 3 apps supported Dolby Vision) :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have been playing with this app for a few weeks now and I think they did a great job with it. Of course I am sure it will be much better with real data in it as in the test it is all data from the last Olympics.

For 4K fans there will also be a lot of 4K highlights available through the app as well.

So since both 4K channels are in HDR and they are advertising it for the 4K Joey I am guessing they have figured out how to do HDR on the 4K Joey. (Which I was hoping would be the case since the Amazon Prime app on the 4K Joey does HDR)

Now we just need Netflix to up it support HDR on the 4K Joey. (Better yet I wish all 3 apps supported Dolby Vision) :)

I don't see 540-4 or 5 on my 4K Joey so I'm not so sure about the HDR for the Olympics.

I don't see 540-4 or 5 on my 4K Joey so I'm not so sure about the HDR for the Olympics.

I am guessing they won’t be there for a week or so. (Just before the Olympics start).

Of course that is just a guess.

Just a slight correction. The Olympics starts tomorrow (7/20/20) with softball at 7:00p.m central time.
The opening ceremony is on Friday.

The app that is up now is not the same one I was testing. I assume that one will come when the games start.

I am currently watching the US women’s soccer team playing Sweden on channel 148-04. Although it is only 1080i the picture looks fantastic.
The Dish app makes it easy to select the event you want to watch. Great job Dish!!!
The US women’s soccer team has to up their game for the second half. Sweden is playing much better.
US lost 3 to 0 but it could have been 6 to 0. Sweden played much better.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)